• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

I kind of quit bagging Rocs (sacrilege I know) but still like to collect DX Rocs with cool or unusual stamps. I'd snag some Philo Rocs for sure and probably pay a premium to get a couple even if they were DX. Weren't the recent runs of the Mandujano Aviars in DX and selling for over $20?

A Roc in that Galactic plastic would be sweet. Have money, will buy.

Makes me wish Philo would switch his tour series over to the DX Roc. There would be so much less money in it for him but for us roc throwers it would be awesome

Philo IS the DX Roc. Apparently, Dave D agrees as he made Philo the spokesman for the DX Roc video.

I say let Philo design/approve a tasteful stamp, run it in good firm DX (call it PBX or PBPro), put Philo's name on it. I'm in for a stack.

(I'm still surprised, pleasantly, that Innova put out a video specifically for an "old-school" disc in base plastic. That's cool.)

Philo IS the DX Roc. Apparently, Dave D agrees as he made Philo the spokesman for the DX Roc video.

I say let Philo design/approve a tasteful stamp, run it in good firm DX (call it PBX or PBPro), put Philo's name on it. I'm in for a stack.

(I'm still surprised, pleasantly, that Innova put out a video specifically for an "old-school" disc in base plastic. That's cool.)

I'm in the camp that you leave the DX Roc stamp as-is. Philo is known for bagging & throwing the run of the mill stock stamp ones (not even a Team Innova stamp) so I wouldn't change that. Getting him to promote such a classic mold in base plastic is a great move, however.

I'm sorry, I made it about three minutes in before I thought "I can't listen to someone say 'DX' any more". :\

Just me, I'll attempt to identify that I'm talking about a Roc in a plastic other than DX, but If I'm talking about a DX Roc I just say "Roc". That's what it was back in the day, it was just the Roc. I realize the video is for sales and so they are going to identify the plastic, but after a few minutes it drove me up the wall.

I'm in the camp that you leave the DX Roc stamp as-is. Philo is known for bagging & throwing the run of the mill stock stamp ones (not even a Team Innova stamp) so I wouldn't change that. Getting him to promote such a classic mold in base plastic is a great move, however.

The Innova creature stamps were pretty much all there was in the early 2000s when I was getting into disc golf. I love them because they make me think of getting done with work at the library, throwing a round with the boys, winner buys sodas at Casey's, and everybody chips in a buck for a Little Caesars hot and ready.

Oh wait, there isn't any chat in the Wasp thread because Discrap is too busy pumping out special edition garbage and no one can actually buy a Wasp. You're welcome.

Don't hold back, share your real feelings here. Last I checked, most of the major disc companies are releasing lots of special edition stuff at the moment.

If you're a Roc thrower, start cycling Wasps. You're welcome.

Come on. If the Wasp was any good Paul McBeth would have laid claim to it instead of coming out with the Malta.

(I do fully admit the Wasp may be the best mid in Discraft's lineup. Not sure how the Buzzz gets all of the attention.)

Come on. If the Wasp was any good Paul McBeth would have laid claim to it instead of coming out with the Malta.

(I do fully admit the Wasp may be the best mid in Discraft's lineup. Not sure how the Buzzz gets all of the attention.)

I don't agree with that first assessment. The Wasp is a good mold as you say, but he makes more money per disc from PM branded molds. It is in his best interest to design a new one. The man, and most pros, can throw anything. It just needs to have certain flight characteristics and he will get used to it. With his name and popularity, it will likely surpass the Wasp in sales if it hasn't already.

Back to Rocs, when did the hype behind the Champion USDGC Rocs die off, when the Roc3 started coming out? Found a 2008 Champ in a used bin, and it is such a good flyer. Just trying to figure out why the original Roc fell out of popularity.

Back to Rocs, when did the hype behind the Champion USDGC Rocs die off, when the Roc3 started coming out? Found a 2008 Champ in a used bin, and it is such a good flyer. Just trying to figure out why the original Roc fell out of popularity.

IDK if they were ever really popular to throw. I always thought they had more of a collectors value. Most of us who throw champ rocs just have one maybe two in the bag that dont come out very often so they hold their stability for quite a long time and we dont tend to lose them so there is no need to stash up on them.

Latest posts