• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats really difficult in a low ceiling shot because your disc is diving into the ground so it could be as simple as get a disc with a but more glide or as difficult as learning a sidearm to cover that shot. Open field is simple because it's just more height and turn.

Ok, so I know this is an odd question but here it goes. I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of buy throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above? Thanks in advance.

God I'm drunk.....

I was trying to say.... I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of by throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above?

God I'm drunk.....

I was trying to say.... I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of by throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above?

Definitely warranted another post :p

Ok, so I know this is an odd question but here it goes. I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of buy throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above? Thanks in advance.

Throwing with your other hand will allow you to flip a disc up then letting it hyzer which is difficult to do with a sidearm. So if you could id say switch arms not shot

God I'm drunk.....

Correct.

Paul,

Any advice for a predominantly sidearm player who is developing a backhand? I use the Krait as my backhand distance driver but find I need to power down sidearm to avoid it turning over (compared to the Wraith). I think part of the Kraits lack of popularity is the other discs with similar stability ratings (5 glide, 1 turn, 2 fade) tend to be flippier. The Krait is very controllable thrown backhand but can be turned over when really cranked on. They made a Star plastic version with the pumpkin stamp for Halloween.

Paul,

Any advice for a predominantly sidearm player who is developing a backhand? I use the Krait as my backhand distance driver but find I need to power down sidearm to avoid it turning over (compared to the Wraith). I think part of the Kraits lack of popularity is the other discs with similar stability ratings (5 glide, 1 turn, 2 fade) tend to be flippier. The Krait is very controllable thrown backhand but can be turned over when really cranked on. They made a Star plastic version with the pumpkin stamp for Halloween.

Sidearm always flips discs over thats why people normally throw firebirds,max excalibers ect. I'm yet to throw the star krait.

No doubt. The PD2 is another great sidearm driver. C-line is OOP which is a shame. You also want to have some discs with more control that aren't going to fade super hard (Wraith). This is why I'm working on my backhand.

Thanks Paul.

What discs do you sidearm? Seems like your motion is very fluid.

I haven't had much success with the Firebird. Instead I use a Banshee. I prefer -1, 3 discs for sidearm control (Destroyer, Wraith, Eagle) and 0, 4 discs to rip (PD2, XCal). Maybe I just didn't have a chance to season my Firebird enough. It was crazy OS.

Also, have you thrown any of that new opaque Champion plastic? It's really nice. Star grip and Champion durability.

What discs do you sidearm? Seems like your motion is very fluid.

I haven't had much success with the Firebird. Instead I use a Banshee. I prefer -1, 3 discs for sidearm control (Destroyer, Wraith, Eagle) and 0, 4 discs to rip (PD2, XCal). Maybe I just didn't have a chance to season my Firebird enough. It was crazy OS.

Also, have you thrown any of that new opaque Champion plastic? It's really nice. Star grip and Champion durability.

I sidearm a star max. With short touch shots I throw a glow champ firebird.

Tern

Have you thrown the Tern? If so what are your thoughts?....sorry if this has been ask...

I must say a number of us who watched the veteran's park open in north Texas were happy to see you play. We hope you and other pros will be enticed to give the open a go in 2013. Good luck in 2013 and I hope you and other top disc golfers successes this year help the sport grow even larger.

I must say a number of us who watched the veteran's park open in north Texas were happy to see you play. We hope you and other pros will be enticed to give the open a go in 2013. Good luck in 2013 and I hope you and other top disc golfers successes this year help the sport grow even larger.

I had a good time... I wasn't to happy with my performance but over all I had a good time.

What is your favorite and least favorite baskets to play on? What makes them your favorite and least favorite?

My least favorite are anything single chained thats just not to professional in my opinion.

Favorite would be the innova discatcher.... The ones with the bands I feel like those give you the best target.

Here is my true opinion though,i would be 100% for putting on bulls eye baskets in every tournament. Those seem like the best chance to make putting actually harder.
Those baskets don't fall under my single chain comment its a different style.single chain basket.

My least favorite are anything single chained thats just not to professional in my opinion.

Favorite would be the innova discatcher.... The ones with the bands I feel like those give you the best target.

Here is my true opinion though,i would be 100% for putting on bulls eye baskets in every tournament. Those seem like the best chance to make putting actually harder.
Those baskets don't fall under my single chain comment its a different style.single chain basket.
True, but then you have to figure out what to do with the Ace pool money. :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts