• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul, thanks again for playing (and winning) the Inaugural Little River Open. Your visit here is now even more special. The Little River DGC is more than likely completely destroyed by yesterday's tornado. The 7-11 on the northeast corner of the park is no longer there. The neighborhoods just south and southwest of the course are leveled. I just thought you might like to know that you are one of the privileged to get to play a very young but promising course that is now, more than likely, extinct. While the course being destroyed is not even a blip on the radar compared to the fatalities and property destroyed, the course will be missed by those of us that loved to play it.

When the dust settles, put up a temporary course nearby to raise money and we'll all come out to support you! My in-laws are in nearby Shawnee which was hit the day before... just not as bad.

So let's put on a huge event this fall to show the community what we the disc golf family can do!

^^Good idea. I'm sure the Moore DGA, Sooner Disc and the OKCDGA would be willing to do something like this. I know the golfer's would support it.

Assuming travel costs (meaning similar distances from you and free place to stay at all) and field size and quality was the same, which of these A Tier events would you choose to play?

1. Great money, average course, out of the way for an NT two weeks later.
2. Decent money, average course, on the way to an NT two weeks later.
3. Terrible money (minimum added), great course, great experience.

Assuming travel costs (meaning similar distances from you and free place to stay at all) and field size and quality was the same, which of these A Tier events would you choose to play?

1. Great money, average course, out of the way for an NT two weeks later.
2. Decent money, average course, on the way to an NT two weeks later.
3. Terrible money (minimum added), great course, great experience.

Super question!!! Helps us TD folks understand what it takes to draw in the top talent!!

just look at the weekend of June 22-23rd for your answer lol. 5 a tiers the weekend before beaver state fling. kamloops out of the way but probably best added money per player, Minnesota has very good courses and a well run event with good(but not great) payout. Colorado is on the way to beaver state but bad courses and meh payout. zoo town also on the way, weaker competition and decent payout(if i remember past years correctly)

top pros reg'd for minn, zoo, and kamloops with no one signed up for Colorado or st. louis.

Last edited:
Considering at least one player is signed up for more than one event, I'm still curious.

just look at the weekend of June 22-23rd for your answer lol. 5 a tiers the weekend before beaver state fling. kamloops out of the way but probably best added money per player, Minnesota has very good courses and a well run event with good(but not great) payout. Colorado is on the way to beaver state but bad courses and meh payout. zoo town also on the way, weaker competition and decent payout(if i remember past years correctly)

top pros reg'd for minn, zoo, and kamloops with no one signed up for Colorado or st. louis.

Actually, the Zoo Town Open right now has half again as many MPO players signed up with nearly double the 1000+ players & nearly twice as many FPO players as the Majestic. The payouts wont match the Majestic & the added cash won't match Kamloops, but our payouts will be better than most A tiers & the competition will be top notch!! I think you said earlier you were going to Kamloops, but sure would like to see both you & Britany here in MT!!

Paul, just wondering how you liked playing The Legion of Doom on my home course? I wanted to take a quick minute and say thanks for throwing a round on Thursday before the tourney with my son Dehrik, it totally made his day. He ended up winning Rec and will be moving up to Int in his next tourney.

Last edited:
Paul, will you be coming back to Louisville, Kentucky for the Charlie Vettiner Open on July 27th-28th again this year? Watched a highlight vid of you, Will, Feldberg and Nikko and got reminded how bad I am, but in a good way. Gives me something to shoot for anyway :)

Were you putting with McPros at the Glass Blown Open? Your putters looked different to me but it is probably just me lol.

Great shooting out at Toboggan Paul, keep up the good work. I was the spotter who had the Ice Lavender Roc3 you were kind enough to sign. Greatly appreciated.

Question is this: what was your best experience of Toboggan? Worst? Favorite hole, and least favorite. We in the area really want to see the NT status stick around, so any insight you can offer is extremely helpful. Or any talk that might have circulated from the other players as well? Again, very nice to meet you and thanks for your time.

Oh and a bonus, on an avg 18 course, with a good blend of technical and open, avg hole length of 550, 50% right hyzers, 50% left hyzers, who scores better, you or Brittany? I got to follow her card a it, man she can really throw. A solid putter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts