• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
also the bottom pouch, on the front of the bag just below the main compartment holds a mini well if it's an issue.

Unpacked my bag and it looks great, feels great loaded up and on my back. More thoughts when I finally get out to play some golf.

Video review of the bag on the Contender thread in the marketplace comparing the camo, navy, and sig edition bag.

How does everyone else feel about the main flap issue I noticed? Curious to see if its me being paranoid or a larger issue. I still feel you can notice a bowing effect when the load of the discs move forward. (even in the Kilgus video)

The question I have is if it will get worse over time or stay strong. Honest consumer opinions wanted...

How does everyone else feel about the main flap issue I noticed? Curious to see if its me being paranoid or a larger issue. I still feel you can notice a bowing effect when the load of the discs move forward. (even in the Kilgus video)

The question I have is if it will get worse over time or stay strong. Honest consumer opinions wanted...

I've followed this thread, and just checked out that spot of the video. I am no fanboy by any means - in fact, I don't really even like the bag, and the mini pocket issue (albeit small) would piss me off if I had purchased one - but I don't really see the bowing being an issue. There aren't going to be many times over the life of the bag that you will be holding it in that orientation, I would think. And even if you do hold it that way, the material should be durable enough to hold up.

So, while I am not a consumer of this bag, I am looking at it pretty objectively. I just don't see the bag wearing out in that spot terribly much if the material is as burly as advertised. (Yours may differ with the lighter camo material, though. Not sure.)

I've followed this thread, and just checked out that spot of the video. I am no fanboy by any means - in fact, I don't really even like the bag, and the mini pocket issue (albeit small) would piss me off if I had purchased one - but I don't really see the bowing being an issue. There aren't going to be many times over the life of the bag that you will be holding it in that orientation, I would think. And even if you do hold it that way, the material should be durable enough to hold up.

So, while I am not a consumer of this bag, I am looking at it pretty objectively. I just don't see the bag wearing out in that spot terribly much if the material is as burly as advertised. (Yours may differ with the lighter camo material, though. Not sure.)

Same position as you. Mini pocket would annoy me, as would the fact that the camo bags look the best but are not covered by the warranty.

I missed out on that. What's the reason for the camo not being covered?

From the website:

Warranty claims must be sent from original buyer and with reason for warranty. The warranty claim is non-transferable and "custom bags" do not fall under the lifetime warranty claims because they are not handled by our QC production facility and are "one-offs" made for individuals within specific standards. Camo bags fit under "custom bags" because they are not production colors and do not fall under warranty claims. It is the responsibility of the customer to be aware of specific warranty policy.

From the website:

Warranty claims must be sent from original buyer and with reason for warranty. The warranty claim is non-transferable and "custom bags" do not fall under the lifetime warranty claims because they are not handled by our QC production facility and are "one-offs" made for individuals within specific standards. Camo bags fit under "custom bags" because they are not production colors and do not fall under warranty claims. It is the responsibility of the customer to be aware of specific warranty policy.

Bummer. Not a camo fan myself, but good for others to know. Also interesting that it's a non-transferable warranty. I just sold my Grip, and the buyer was told by Grip that the warranty transferred.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift. Nati - you should be good on the flap part.

Hold up we were not made aware that the camo bags wouldn't fall under warranty or else I would have changed my color before shipping. I think this needs to be addressed since we were not made aware of the material change until recently

How is the camo a custom bag? It was an available option in the drop-down, wasn't it? Does that mean the MJ bags are considered custom too?

I wouldn't really be that worried about it though. The bags were made with equal to better quality materials than industry standard.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree this is the first problem I have had the whole time. I don't believe this policy is fair.

The camo bag is NOT. A custom bag. Before the contender Chris took orders for custom bags, i mean completely custom colors. The camo bag is not one of those bags

To answer a few questions and concerns....

1. It is the customers responsibility to read the website and understand our policy on returns, warranty, etc.
2. Unlike Grip our warranty does not transfer, I can go into a million reasons why however I won't.
3. Custom bags are not warrantied because they are one offs, remember we make more than one type of bag and have done so for 2 years and we have made many custom bags and our policy has been in place since our inception. All pre-ordered bags are under warranty including Digi camo unless you someone wanted embroidery or special screen printing.

False....again guys read!! Listening to people not part of the company makes you guys assume, and you know what happens when you assume....

Ok cool thank you for clearing that up again you have standing customer service I'm glad I chose your bag

Got mine in today! Looks sweet! I'll give a full review this week. It will get a full tourney test this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.