• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've addressed the mini pocket. Once a bag goes into production I don't see it until it is done. We sign off on dimensions and sometimes the facility gets it wrong. The mini pocket works for me, again, it was an add on and not a necessity!

also I have broad shoulders and a large chest. The shoulder straps are not big enough. I have them set as open as they will go just so I can put the bag on. When I do get the bag on the sternum strap is literally in my throat.... It is sewn into place on the strap so I can't move it down. I may have to sell the bag and get something else. Or I may cut off the sternum strap. I don't know what to do.

The downside for me is similar to a previous poster; the sternum strap is pretty high. I have had this problem on other backpack bags but they were removable, while this one isn't. I plan on giving the bag a couple rounds but I'm not optimistic.

I dont ever wear the sternum straps

Agreed lol, it's an option but I can't think of one time I've said man I wish I had sternum straps right now

So despite not being able to think of one time you wish you had sternum straps you put them on the bag you designed. So why even bother adding sternum straps if they are not used and only increase the cost of the bag?

Also, not a big fan of laughing at someone who just bought your product and has a legitimate issue. Is there a potential issue regarding this design and larger players? Don't these customer deserve a bit of respect and a well reasoned response regarding their perceived issue? Is LOL'ing really called for in this situation?

Take it for what you will, but I can only imagine some folks might be turned off by such responses. Is this how any perceived issue is dealt with by Physical Flight? I am going to get LOL'd if I might have an issue with my purchase? Probably not the way I would want myself to be perceived if I was selling a product to potential customers. :\

People can also email Chris like he has continued to state but people like to continue to state the same issue over and over again with out reading. I can see how an owner might start to get annoyed when he anwsers a question then 3 hours later someone asks the same question because they can't bother to read. Everyone expects an owner to bend over backwards and the consumer does not want to bother taking 2 minutes out of his day by reading first. I lol at the fact that people still are to lazy to read these days.

People can also email Chris like he has continued to state but people like to continue to state the same issue over and over again with out reading. I can see how an owner might start to get annoyed when he anwsers a question then 3 hours later someone asks the same question because they can't bother to read. Everyone expects an owner to bend over backwards and the consumer does not want to bother taking 2 minutes out of his day by reading first. I lol at the fact that people still are to lazy to read these days.

I have to agree with you, mostly. If I were Chris and saw one more person feel the need to comment on the mini pocket or the sternum straps on the forum, I might snap. The forums are not direct lines to a manufacturer. They are not a customer service questionaire. Contact the company, wait for a personal response to your issue, and then act accordingly.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, here. And each person has every right to complain on a public forum. But complaining with the expectation of resolution on a public forum is a bit much. We might as well go start another Prodigy thread if we're just going to keep rehashing the same info over and over again on here.

No one is laughing at a customer, also sternum straps aren't for me, I didnt build a bag for me, it was built for the consumer and some enjoy the sternum strap. I've given more than enough respect to customers asking questions. Howeve when someone does not do due diligence in reading the forums, sending me an email, before posting then I will respond to that on this forum.

And for someone to take offense to LOL is absurd and quite laughable. Everyone knows that you cant make everyone happy. I respond within 20min during the day when I get an email or question and do by best to make things right.

And I'm sure there are many people on this thread that will back up my customer service.

Last edited:
Customer Service back up right here. Chris has been more than helpful with all of my questions and concerns. Bag is awesome, I love my royal/black with the red zippers. feels great, looks great. CAN'T wait to play a round with it today.

Also i see why most/all manufacturers rarely post on the forums. Becomes difficult to reply to the same question over and over again. Problems should be addressed privately and of "said" problems aren't resolved in a timely manner then make a post.

So far the only problems I see are some people don't like the sternum strap, the mini pocket is lackluster, and some people like a softer bag.

All easy fixes: 1. Don't use the sternum straps if you don't want to, 2. Use one of the other 3 open pockets for the mini, 3. Take out the "removable" frame if you want more comfort.

Easy fixes which you will run into on most bags

I have to agree with you, mostly. If I were Chris and saw one more person feel the need to comment on the mini pocket or the sternum straps on the forum, I might snap. The forums are not direct lines to a manufacturer. They are not a customer service questionaire. Contact the company, wait for a personal response to your issue, and then act accordingly.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, here. And each person has every right to complain on a public forum. But complaining with the expectation of resolution on a public forum is a bit much. We might as well go start another Prodigy thread if we're just going to keep rehashing the same info over and over again on here.

I think Kilgus has done a damn good job of addressing customer concerns (Kilgus: get off here and go get married! (and congrats)). I agree with you, Throw, in the respect that specific concerns directed AT Kilgus should be done so in a better manner, such as a phone call or email. I think that general comments/concerns on the bag, which so far seem to be limited to the mini pocket and sternum strap, are fair game as this is a public forum, in the equipment section, where people share their thoughts on the bag. And, looking at many of the comments, I don't think they are trying to obtain a resolution from Kilgus on the sternum strap or mini pocket, but are just voicing their concerns/opinions/review of features on the bag, which is why this thread is here.

I think Kilgus has done a damn good job of addressing customer concerns (Kilgus: get off here and go get married! (and congrats)). I agree with you, Throw, in the respect that specific concerns directed AT Kilgus should be done so in a better manner, such as a phone call or email. I think that general comments/concerns on the bag, which so far seem to be limited to the mini pocket and sternum strap, are fair game as this is a public forum, in the equipment section, where people share their thoughts on the bag. And, looking at many of the comments, I don't think they are trying to obtain a resolution from Kilgus on the sternum strap or mini pocket, but are just voicing their concerns/opinions/review of features on the bag, which is why this thread is here.
Yes but it gets slightly irritating when the same problem is addressed 20 different times. That is why i put that link up, people just need to actually watch the video before posting anything about the mini pocket or the straps or the hard bottom of the frame

I think that general comments/concerns on the bag, which so far seem to be limited to the mini pocket and sternum strap, are fair game as this is a public forum, in the equipment section, where people share their thoughts on the bag. And, looking at many of the comments, I don't think they are trying to obtain a resolution from Kilgus on the sternum strap or mini pocket, but are just voicing their concerns/opinions/review of features on the bag, which is why this thread is here.

:thmbup:

Couldn't agree more. Fellow players using this forum to weigh the pros and cons of possible equipment purchases deserve honest feedback from customers who own said product.

Seriously tho, I am now leaving the thread. Contact us if you have any questions via the website and get a response. We've had about 10 emails from guys loving the bag and we are excited about that.

-PF

Constructive criticism should be allowed and has all right to be supported numerous times. This is the way points are made in a public forum.

It should not be rude or disrespectful from the consumer or manufacturer

Constructive criticism should be allowed and has all right to be supported numerous times. This is the way points are made in a public forum.

It should not be rude or disrespectful from the consumer or manufacturer

And then we can all sing Kumbaya around the campfire while holding hands. It's a nice thought, but that's not exactly how public forums work, lol. It's much more likely that campfire is going to be used to fire up torches and start a lynch mob. That's just the reality of the group landscape here, no matter how much individual logic might work.

Just got MJ Sig Contender bag today. I love it. The only issue for me is the mini pocket at the front of putter pocket, but I will use it and see how it goes in actual use. It is well made and I'll look forward using it on the course. I like the zipper pull, where do I get those? so I can add some more to other zippers. I am 5' 10" 155 lbs and the sternum strap fits me just fine.

Just got MJ Sig Contender bag today. I love it. The only issue for me is the mini pocket at the front of putter pocket, but I will use it and see how it goes in actual use. It is well made and I'll look forward using it on the course. I like the zipper pull, where do I get those? so I can add some more to other zippers. I am 5' 10" 155 lbs and the sternum strap fits me just fine.

Email Chris, maybe he can hook you up with the tie dye pulls

And then we can all sing Kumbaya around the campfire while holding hands. It's a nice thought, but that's not exactly how public forums work, lol. It's much more likely that campfire is going to be used to fire up torches and start a lynch mob. That's just the reality of the group landscape here, no matter how much individual logic might work.

Facilitate change or become a sheep.

Ive read most of this, but here is my question. If the producer cut the mini pocket smaller/lowered it/ whatever you want to call it, why would you accept the finished product rather than making them fix their mistake.

If I took my car to get new tires, and they put on ones i didnt want...I would make them correct the mistake before leaving

Ive read most of this, but here is my question. If the producer cut the mini pocket smaller/lowered it/ whatever you want to call it, why would you accept the finished product rather than making them fix their mistake.

If I took my car to get new tires, and they put on ones i didnt want...I would make them correct the mistake before leaving

The thing is, every bag maker sets priorities, for Chris, his main priority was ensuring there would be no delays, that isn't to say he sacrficied quality for time, the bag is still everything he said it would be...for him it made sense not to worry about the designated mini pocket and I agree. In addition, there were already massed produced pre ordered bags, close to a 100 I am sure, maybe a bit less. As Chris has stated, the mini pocket isn't a necessity. If this issue was occuring in the main disc pocket, I would completely see your point, but for something as petty as a mini, I am just gonna let it go, enjoy my bag and find a new place for my mini when it isn't in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.