• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

We could dance this dance till the cows come home.

Let's just say Prodigy's launch has been less than spectacular, and call it a day.

Can you provide an example of a disc manufacturers launch that has been spectacular?

I would disagree with your point based solely on the number of threads discussing prodigy, amount of Facebook discussions that I have seen, and chatter on the course. Keep in mind this does not take the product into account. Seems to me that they have nailed the marketing aspect with very little expense for advertising. I would call that somewhat spectacular.

Granted, it hasn't been perfect, but I can't remember any new company that has people talking as much as Prodigy.

Did anyone even know they were launching prior to the Ion showing up? I know I hadn't heard of them. Most of the people that I see on the course know little to nothing about them. And how about all those issues they had with getting the Volt to market?

They did a bunch of previews on DGR. I think the owner is a forum member over there.

EDIT: as far as the Volt, that is outside the scope of a new manufacturer launch into market. That falls more under the category of getting a new product launched from an established manufacturer. You have to give them some credit. They have put some great stuff out there and have a loyal following. The shift from putters and mids to drivers can be daunting. also Legacy has a pretty good start as well.

Last edited:
Dynamic just pulled off a pretty smooth launch with a full range of discs at market-standard prices.

Smooth and spectacular are two different things.

DD doesn't mold or do any R&D of their discs. MVP and Prodigy do. All DD does is get boxes from Sweden with their name stamped on them. As long as Latitude does their job, DD has a "smooth rollout." So, hardly apples to apples.

And so DGC just sold 100 discs at $30.00 a pop in like 4 hours. DN will do the same when their stuff comes in. Same with Community, and any other major online retailer. Is someone still thinking Prodigy doesn't know what they're doing?

Last edited:
And so DGC just sold 100 discs at $30.00 a pop in like 4 hours. DN will do the same when their stuff comes in. Same with Community, and any other major online retailer. Is someone still thinking Prodigy doesn't know what they're doing?

Wait, saying they sell out super fast, at over inflated levels....hmm, sounds like the way Innova has been doing the Roc3.....I really hope this isn't the way all new discs will be coming to market. I mean, I am happy with my current discs, but still, would enjoy being able to affordably try out some new stuff from time to time. All this type of release does is leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I personally have nothing against how they are doing it. They have created a huge amount of demand. EVERYONE is commenting about them. Online, in person, everywhere. They obviously sold well in the first release with DGC. Sounds like they are ticking off some folks with the strategy, but overall seems to be working fantastically. Can't please everyone, all the time. And most people seem happy and interested.

Wake, just do what I do. Wait a few months. The marketplace will start with people thinking they have something rare and can charge $40 because they're sold out everywhere at $30. Then it will get flooded. Prices will get cut by $2 a week until we've got people willing to sell at $18 because that's what they'll be online once the stock catches up to the demand.

Wake, just do what I do. Wait a few months. The marketplace will start with people thinking they have something rare and can charge $40 because they're sold out everywhere at $30. Then it will get flooded. Prices will get cut by $2 a week until we've got people willing to sell at $18 because that's what they'll be online once the stock catches up to the demand.

I'll be over it by the time they get to a standard price. I always want to try the "next awesome thing" but once i simmer for a while (and prices settle) i'm back to being content with what i currently use.

I'll be over it by the time they get to a standard price. I always want to try the "next awesome thing" but once i simmer for a while (and prices settle) i'm back to being content with what i currently use.
Yea that is me also, then once I am over it I would use whatever works for me and really not worry about it.. I have put an amp in the bag here recently and liked so much I used my 20$ dollar gift certificate from the icebowl a couple weekends ago to get a volt.
Talking with the local disc golf shop guy he had been in talks with prodigy but apparently got left out. He was a bit upset when i told him that there was a form he had to fill out and he was like why did they not communicate that to him as he had been in e-mail contact with them over these past few weeks. I sent him the link so hopefully he can get it set up.

Finally a store with the correct mindset. Give your customers a fair
price and they will return. Thumbs up Clearwater Disc Golf Store.

Yes, unfortunately, their website appears to have been overloaded. Guess I was lucky to get my preorder in before it went down.

Intreasting how their has been nothing released about the different plastic types in terms of these initial releases.