• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

After seeing some of other peoples power grips online I can see how a power grip with mids or smaller rims like leos could be problematic. My power grip I use is in between a fork grip and a normal power grip. If you take the fork grip with the fingers stacked and simply put the middle and ring finger on the rim it feels quite similar to the fork grip. Thats how I grip everything for drives. I can see how it might not be possible for everyone to grip like that. If my finers were any longer it would work or if they were shorter im sure it would be awkward as well.

Jesse B 707 said:
Frank Delicious said:
I throw all my mids and drivers with a power grip unless I'm going with a weird touch shot.
me too
I got super lucky at PIAS this weekend and picked up a couple beat Rocs. I'm back to all Rocs without worrying about breaking another one and being stuck without an understable Roc. I'll do a better job of rotating my Rocs so I have back-ups.

My glow and pumpkin Rocs have beaten in to understable in a very short time, 8 weeks for the pumpkin and 4 weeks for the glow. Super bummed. I have a 4 year old dx Roc, bottom stamped, that's been at a 5(sleepy scale) for the last 2 years and just stays the same. The pumpkin and glow went from a 10 to a 7/6 with a quickness. I've been forced to put a Ti Wasp in the bag alongside my 12x, 11x and beat dx.

...still have yet to throw a Warship or MD2.

Always Rocs or Wasps and Comets with the occasional cryztal Buzz.

chainsmoker said:
I got super lucky at PIAS this weekend and picked up a couple beat Rocs. I'm back to all Rocs without worrying about breaking another one and being stuck without an understable Roc. I'll do a better job of rotating my Rocs so I have back-ups.

At this point I can't see myself going back to Rocs. I broke one in September, and didn't have a backup to replace it because it was so beat in. I realized that I don't have enough time at the course to season them the way I used to, so I'm throwing a buzzz/comet combo (heavily leaning on the comets, and using the buzzz for more power oriented shots)

Being stuck without a really understable Roc and not having my next most worn 2 beat in enough - even though they were in my bag for almost a year - made me realize and consider using a combination of discs to get what I wanted out of my midranges.

....I'm sure I'll go back one day when I have a lot more time to play.....maybe.

victorb said:
chainsmoker said:

At this point I can't see myself going back to Rocs. I broke one in September, and didn't have a backup to replace it because it was so beat in. I realized that I don't have enough time at the course to season them the way I used to, so I'm throwing a buzzz/comet combo (heavily leaning on the comets, and using the buzzz for more power oriented shots)

Being stuck without a really understable Roc and not having my next most worn 2 beat in enough - even though they were in my bag for almost a year - made me realize and consider using a combination of discs to get what I wanted out of my midranges.

....I'm sure I'll go back one day when I have a lot more time to play.....maybe.
I spent a few years carrying Rocs and Comets and it was a really good combo. I liked 2 or 3 newer DX Rocs 1 Esp Comet and 1 X Comet. I like Rocs that have a dome so the Comets feel comfortable for me. If the Rocs get broken in enough you could drop the Comets but if not you've got it covered.

What's the deal with the KC Pro Flat Top Glow Rocs? Seem interesting to me. I'm coming back to the Roc finally and need to resupply the arsenal. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

TLapham said:
What's the deal with the KC Pro Flat Top Glow Rocs? Seem interesting to me. I'm coming back to the Roc finally and need to resupply the arsenal. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
I've got one KC Pro Glow Roc that is not flat top, but I can tell you about the plastic. The plastic is not as stiff as an 11x Roc and doesn't feel like any KC plastic I've felt. The plastic has pretty good grip but has a slight waxy feel that dx can have at times. The one I have actually feels more like a stiff blend of dx rather than true KC plastic. This may not hold true for flat tops but my KC Pro glow Roc is a little less HSS than a similar looking KC Pro Roc.

Last year KCs of the non glowing kind were tackier and waxier and they damage and break in super fast. More expensive than DX but it might be even less durable. At least mine broke in quickly unlike DX. I haven't felt a glow KC Roc.

JR said:
Last year KCs of the non glowing kind were tackier and waxier and they damage and break in super fast. More expensive than DX but it might be even less durable. At least mine broke in quickly unlike DX. I haven't felt a glow KC Roc.

Thanks. I threw a friends KC and it was that waxy feeling, I didn't care for it. Do you recommend just regular DX rocs? Or is there a run like pumkin, glow or flat top that are better?

It's been a while since I've investigated in Rocs, is flat or slight dome a better flyer?

Thanks.

I have been throwing regular rancho's lately, but picked up a couple of Mr. DG flat top roc's and have really started to like them for straight shots. Brand new, they are a straight roc, no wearing in phase. I would like to get one broken in a little to see if it will fly the same lines as an understable regular dx roc.

Jerbob said:
Does the Roc3 listed on the Innova site equal the McBeth Roc or something different?

Same mold but the McRocs were a special limited run of nice plastic and made with extra attention to detail. As a result, those were flat topped and clear and had a unique feel. Expect a different blend of plastic and a slightly different shape due to the unpredictability of plastic molding. A lot of Innova midranges are coming out domey as shit these days, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a little bit of that in the Rocs. Remains to be seen though, and I'm sure it will vary over time.

I actually grabbed a factory second of the McRoc and it is nice and flat. If the Roc3 came out with the same lack of dome I might consider grabbing a few for backups to a couple of champ and special blend rocs. The F2 McRoc was more stable then a KC pro, but not quite as stable as a 2006 usdgc and special blend I compared it to.

Latest posts