• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

Champ with a capital C I believe is referring to the Climo Terns. I actually found the results above to be opposite of my discs...of course, I not the worlds greatest thrower either so take it for what it's worth.

I should also point out that there are two runs of metal flake Terns. The first runs were mostly clear and came from the BG Ams and the holiday stamp (someone correct me if I'm wrong please) and were super fliptastic. It was what I was using for an easy hyzer-flip/long range roller before the worlds Star Tern. The latest runs of CFR etal flake Terns are more along the lines of what is pictured above. Its ore STABLE....not more OVERSTABLE if yoiu catch my drift. Its still a very neutral-finishing disc.

Regardless I bag 4 Terns: proto stamp and Climo are my workhorses (Climo if I need a bit ore fade...they have the same amount of turn) new run CFR metal flake for light headwinds or tight fairways and the Worlds Star for hyzer flips, long range rollers and huge turnovers.

I LIKED the Krait but the Tern is the first Innova driver I've LOVED since the Destroyers. I reccoend everyone get one.

What discs are these three?
i guess that is confusing...should've realized that when typing.
All Champion Plastic (no star)
production= the current Stock Stamped Terns
Champ= Climo Stamped Terns
MF= the 2nd Run CFR Metal Flake Terns
The latest runs of CFR etal flake Terns are more along the lines of what is pictured above. Its ore STABLE....not more OVERSTABLE if yoiu catch my drift. Its still a very neutral-finishing disc.
:hfive:
i have the later run of CFR MF Tern.
I actually found the results above to be opposite of my discs
how about the actual plastic stiffness between the production and climo?

What do the Climo Stamped Terns look like?

from Innovas Pro Shop Website
kc-tern-pink.png

I was not impressed at all with the Christmas Terns and that lead me to miss out on a really nice disc. How do the Christmas/Bowling Green Terns look compared to the current production discs? I sold all my Christmas Terns in December so I can't compare the two.

the text saying "champ tern" at the bottom of the disc is TERRIBLE looking

the text saying "champ tern" at the bottom of the disc is TERRIBLE looking

the stamp in general sucks imo. same with the stock stamp.
i wonder if any of the pros got to have any input on the stamp design for their tour discs?

Yeah, that stamp is pretty terrible, and I like most stamps. Not quite DX Destroyer terrible though.

i have a friend that wants a tattoo of that....i laughed.

a hater with a design degree ;)

Nice excuse. It's too late you have revealed your deep seeded hatred for Asians and their culture. You will now be shunned for two years.

In closing, Tern it up.

Oh man Terns are awesome. I have a Star and Champion and both have served me well.

I can easily get these badboys over 420ft. They even power down decently as well.

I would say I use the Star more than my champion,but that is just because I love to hyzerflip the Star Tern. :D

Latest posts