• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

I can honestly say, that I can bounce any disc pretty far off a tree...:\

:p;)

Betcha i can out bounce ya! If there is one thing im confident on, its my ability to hit any tree within the first 20 feet of a tee. It could be a telephone pole in the middle of a soccer field and ill smoke it lol.

Soooo that being said, i will brag up mvp/axiom rims for their durability. My have been criminally abused and still look and fly great!

I was at Brown Deer yesterday, practicing for the GMO this weekend. As I walk up to hole #1, I see this group of 3 guys about to throw. One of the guys was loud & obnoxious. He loudly said "I only throw MVP like the top pros". :p He proceeds to throw straight into a tree 50' off the tee. He was trying to act cool for his two buddies. They both were chuckers only carrying a few discs in their hands. He had a Ranger bag full of MVP. Even after nailing the tree he says "If I would have thrown an Innova disc, it would have bounced off the tree even further into the woods". I asked nicely if I could play through (I was playing by myself). They agreed, I threw my seasoned KC Roc about 30' short the pin. One of the two chuckers asked me what disc I threw. I smiled & said "A Roc, it's an midrange made by Innova". The MVP guy gave me a mean look. He didn't say one word while we played out the hole together. He kept that angry look the entire time I was with them. I played hole #2 by myself & played the rest of the round solo. I've never met a guy in person who threw all MVP before yesterday. It was a funny experience for me, to say the least.

B Position (380')
25a549dc.jpg

You could make a meme out of what that guy said.

Betcha i can out bounce ya! If there is one thing im confident on, its my ability to hit any tree within the first 20 feet of a tee. It could be a telephone pole in the middle of a soccer field and ill smoke it lol.

Soooo that being said, i will brag up mvp/axiom rims for their durability. My have been criminally abused and still look and fly great!
Yea that sounds familiar. I often say that I cant throw a disc dead straight unless there is a tree directly in front of me.:|

I may be able to beat you on that, I hit trees every round I play, same exact holes and the exact trees.

I am that noob

As I approach the first anniversary of my return to DG, having never missed a tree yet, my favorite saying is "I meant to do that", generally when I miss my intended line by 50 feet, bounce off a guardian tree, and land parked for an easy putt.

As I approach the first anniversary of my return to DG, having never missed a tree yet, my favorite saying is "I meant to do that", generally when I miss my intended line by 50 feet, bounce off a guardian tree, and land parked for an easy putt.

Yea, you can never get enough tree love. :)

What goes through my head every time I see this thread:

WHAT DOES THE NOOB SAY?

DING DING DING DING DING DA DING

9dMAAXp.gif

Just saw this yesterday and it seems pretty appropriate:

I saw this pop up on my youtube front page and didn't click because I thought it was actually what it said it was...what a mistake. So glad you reposted it. That was amazing.

Just had this happen to me, playing with a group of friends the other night.

Me: Did you just throw a Destroyer on that 180' hole?

My Friend: Yea, but it's a 175 gram Destroyer.

That video is great - "it flies overstable...to understable...depending on the day..."

I fell out of a tree on the last hole of the tournament I played last weekend, which is definitely a noob way to finish out a tourney.

brilliant video! these are the guys who drive me up a tree; not newbs, but "intermediates". thanks!

Thanks for posting that video. I picked up a lot of good pointers. Anyone know where I can find one of those discs with the picture of a rocket on it? :p

Things newbs say:
"How many people/animals did you hit?"

My buddy, whom we started playing on the same day, hits anything that moves. I have watched him hit squirrels playing DG, knocking birds out of the air 100 feet up playing ball golf... I have seen him bounce off trees and almost hit a baby stroller at a DG course that has a walking trail around it.

I still can't figured out if it is some type of curse someone has put on him or subconsciously he is targeting everything....

Latest posts