• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

A buddy of mine only putts with Wizards, and one of them has a "Glide" stamp that's faded (from Glide disc golf in Madison). So this newb asks him what kind of putter it is. He replies it's a Wizard as he hands it to the newb. The newb replies, "No! It's a Glide, see?!".

:doh:

Played with a guy, after we walked up to his drive I asked what he threw. He said, it's an F2.

Oh, a Prodigy disc?

No, Innova F2.

Innova doesn't make an F2.

He hands it to me. I look it over, factory second stamp and see the initialing.
It's a champion Leopard, the F2 stands for factory second. I show him mine as a comparison.

Well, the guy I got it from has been playing a long time and he told me it was an F2, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

Well, he doesn't. And if you ever lose it and want another, no one is going to know what you want if you ask for another Innova F2.

Where do you guys find all these noobs? The guys who are on the course when I am all have Zuca carts, Grips, and DD backpacks, and everyone knows all the brands. (I only play early weekday mornings. Crazy how it totally changes the demographics)

Most noob thing I've heard is the classic scoring exaggeration, like was mentioned. And the guy who pulled out an early run Ion and said "this one is like yours" when he saw my Axis.

Where do you guys find all these noobs? The guys who are on the course when I am all have Zuca carts, Grips, and DD backpacks, and everyone knows all the brands. (I only play early weekday mornings. Crazy how it totally changes the demographics)

Most noob thing I've heard is the classic scoring exaggeration, like was mentioned. And the guy who pulled out an early run Ion and said "this one is like yours" when he saw my Axis.

Oh jeez...one only needs to venture to the land of Madeline Bertrand in Niles, MI to find a plethora of these types. However, a lot of those that play there aren't truly "newbs" since they've been playing for years but they still manage to say newbish things. To them MB is the one and only DG course on Gods green earth that is a true DG course. I refer to these types as "voobs" which is veterans who still say newb things like:

"This 345' hole is sooo freaking long. They should keep it a par 5."

Should have offered a straight-up trade...

This was a long time ago (when I was a semi-noob myself), but I knew it was valuable, and to this day I regret not seizing the opportunity for a fair deal.

I'm a younger disc golfer, 16, and have a relatively small stature making me appear even younger than that. Often, a newb will try to give me tips and pointers, claiming that they play all the time. Most of the time I throw twice as far as them, or they end up flexing a destroyer, boss, etc.

Also, some claim they play in all the local tournaments, I am yet to see one at even any of the leagues I frequent. Let alone the tournaments, including the one I TDed, at 16...

Oh jeez...one only needs to venture to the land of Madeline Bertrand in Niles, MI to find a plethora of these types. However, a lot of those that play there aren't truly "newbs" since they've been playing for years but they still manage to say newbish things. To them MB is the one and only DG course on Gods green earth that is a true DG course. I refer to these types as "voobs" which is veterans who still say newb things like:

"This 345' hole is sooo freaking long. They should keep it a par 5."

A par 5 on a 345 would be overkill lol.

I was talking to a pair of noobs today on the course and they were complaining on how the par 4s were too long until we realized that all they could do was TH. I had just picked up a Stag and proceeded to crush it 300'+ on a nose up shot. They said there was no way that I could do it again so I proceeded to throw it flat and it flew 340'+. They said that they couldn't figure out how to make their discs go to the right. One had a Blizzard Katana and the other had a pair of Bosses. Neither guy could BH without a serious case of "Throwing It Like a Normal FRISBEE".

It is not what you say, but what you do...

I stopped by the IDGC headquarters over the winter holidays. I didn't realize that most of the baskets behind the center are the finishing holes for the courses. After practice putting with my just purchased OS Meteor on hole 18's basket, I crushed it into the IDGC building's window.

I tried to stay out of view the rest of the day. My son was not proud of me.

After practice putting with my just purchased OS Meteor on hole 18's basket, I crushed it into the IDGC building's window.

I tried to stay out of view the rest of the day. My son was not proud of me.

By son, you mean every single person over the age of 5? :wall:

I literally just realized he was talking about when he said "I was a furry" that was what I posted on my newbie intro

Just don't take a girl disc golfing on a first date. You may have to show her how competitive you are.

Latest posts