• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

Calling the fade the turn

I just don't like the term fade. It's such a soft word that doesn't fit in well with creative profanities when you're yelling at your disc to go back to the left after OATing it to death.

But seriously... I still find turn and fade to be completely counter-intuitive.

I've seen this a couple times.

Noob has a new disc. Has decent throw. Hits tree. Next throw is terrible, turns and burns.

"That disc is too beat now! It's so flippy I can't even throw it"

Tried lending a putter to someone who was only carrying a destoyer. He said he had tried them, but they don't fly far enough to be worth using. This was after he had a 15 footer hyzer before even looking like it would go in.

Me to newb,"so, you throw a G* Dominator? Never seen one on the course before."

Newb,"oh yeah it's great! I've thrown it over 600 ft. A bunch of times!"

Throws disc 250 on a giant Hyzer.

[Newb throwing onto a technical green. Runs hard for the basket, blows by, takes a roll, and winds up with a well-deserved 100' come back look.]

"This course SUCKS!"

This was a fun one today," wow you crushed that! Was that a Destroyer?"

I had just parked a 240ft downhill hole with a Harp...

I think the Kansas City Pro Aviar story takes the win for this thread so far.

Agreed but I have a close second.......

I run a random doubles league that pairs up A players with C players. We get this newb that shows up with about 6-7 different colored discs and we pair him up with our best player to give him a free lesson. First hole the A player throws a laser beam straight up the fairway and then the newb throws the typical meat hook shot. The A player asks "what disc was that?" and the newb replies, "my pink one because it was the same color as the one you just threw."

:doh:

"YEAH MAN I AM ON FIRE AND I SCORED LIKE A 48 TODAY"

And yet can't manage to get below a 65 during league play. *FACEPALM*

Then on course proceeds to RH flick (REALLY hard) a beat in Mamba and is shocked that it went OB on the left side right after I told him I didn't that was a good idea.

Latest posts