• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This getting out of hand

danhyzer

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
This getting out of hand. Yesterday all the new courses I played, I found on Udisc and not on this site. I reached out to a couple of course collectors Derek Tonn and Pizza God for any advice of how to add courses to Disc Golf Course Review. Derek was a big help of finding the longitude and latitude (by right clicking from the courses location on Google Maps). My biggest challenge is getting rid of the longitude and latitude that is my home's location and add the 15 courses I could add. I never had these issues in the past before the changes on this site. I'll take all the blame as I'm not computer savvy, but there's got to be an easier way. Anyone have any advice to remedy my problem?

Last edited:
It will be pretty tedious to do it for 15 courses. Best thing is to individually search each location on google maps and you should be able to copy/paste the coordinates from there

You can pick a spot on the map when adding a course for it's location. I actually like that feature much better now.

This getting out of hand. Yesterday all the new courses I played, I found on Udisc and not on this site. I reached out to a couple of course collectors Derek Tonn and Pizza God for any advice of how to add courses to Disc Golf Course Review. Derek was a big help of finding the longitude and latitude (by right clicking from the courses location on Google Maps). My biggest challenge is getting rid of the longitude and latitude that is my home's location and add the 15 courses I could add. I never had these issues in the past before the changes on this site. I'll take all the blame as I'm not computer savvy, but there's got to be an easier way. Anyone have any advice to remedy my problem?

i had the same problems and i just stopped adding courses and all those problems went away

If you're just adding courses from Udisc you already have that map up on you're phone. Just find that same location on the add courses page and place the pin there. You don't have to do anything with lat/long. Unless I'm missing something?

It took a little getting used to, but I feel like it's much better now. I don't type in directions either anymore which was the real time killer and is totally obsolete now. My only issue is it thinks my location on that map is about an hour north, everytime. Other than that it works great for me.

@danhyzer, you can PM me the list of courses and I'll gladly add them if you want. It's freezing cold here and I've been adding ones recently anyway.

If you're just adding courses from Udisc you already have that map up on you're phone. Just find that same location on the add courses page and place the pin there. You don't have to do anything with lat/long. Unless I'm missing something?

It took a little getting used to, but I feel like it's much better now. I don't type in directions either anymore which was the real time killer and is totally obsolete now. My only issue is it thinks my location on that map is about an hour north, everytime. Other than that it works great for me.

@danhyzer, you can PM me the list of courses and I'll gladly add them if you want. It's freezing cold here and I've been adding ones recently anyway.
For some reason I can't figure out of how to get rid of my home's longitude and latitude in their respective boxes, when adding a course.

I want this website to succeed. Therefore it's up to us to make it happen.
I agree with you, but I'm concerned that new management doesn't seem to share the priorities of the course collectors and prolific reviewers the way Tim did. This website went from one guy's labor of love to another business in some company's portfolio.

I agree with you, but I'm concerned that new management doesn't seem to share the priorities of the course collectors and prolific reviewers the way Tim did. This website went from one guy's labor of love to another business in some company's portfolio.
No one will ever replace of what Tim did for this website. But now it's up to all of us to keep this site relevant. I thought someone from management/ members would have reached out to address of exactly how to add a course for those who are having issues.

So I was talking to @Dev, and I've tried this myself to "add" a pretend course. You just use Google Maps to drag and drop on the placement of the map instead of needing the Long and Latitude lines.

So this should make the less tech-savvy easier, doesn't it?

This is still a labor of love as we continue to work on things. Cost is a big thing, the same issue that Tim ran into, so we have to be careful what and where we spend our time and effort. The app has been a huge task to tackle as well, which is underway.

So I was talking to @Dev, and I've tried this myself to "add" a pretend course. You just use Google Maps to drag and drop on the placement of the map instead of needing the Long and Latitude lines.

This is still a labor of love as we continue to work on things. Cost is a big thing, the same issue that Tim ran into, so we have to be careful what and where we spend our time and effort. The app has been a huge task to tackle as well, which is underway.
When I'm close to home, sure. I know where I am and it's not that far to drag the thing from my home to the course.

Road trip that takes me three states over to courses I found with the grace of GPS? Eh...in that case, I'd rather do it the old lat/long entry thing. I end up going to work where I have two monitors so I can get the location on google maps and then try to match up the DGCR map to it. It's a pain.

When I'm close to home, sure. I know where I am and it's not that far to drag the thing from my home to the course.

Road trip that takes me three states over to courses I found with the grace of GPS? Eh...in that case, I'd rather do it the old lat/long entry thing. I end up going to work where I have two monitors so I can get the location on google maps and then try to match up the DGCR map to it. It's a pain.

@ Greens. I understand! but if this site is going to compete w/ Udisc then the administrators should make it as easy as possible for the remaining loyal DGCR diehards to add a course!! (sidenote....When I transfered my courses played from DGCR to UDisc I lost 249 different courses in the transfer. DGCR will always be my go to!! But am I all alone in this fight against UDisc?

... am I all alone in this fight against UDisc?

No siree, Dan! I've only got 12 years invested here, but that other program (app) is inferior in the best thing this site has going for it: being the best and only truly valuable reference tool for serious course baggers. And you are the best I've met!

Where's our achievements which were right around the corner 3 months ago too?

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

For some reason I can't figure out of how to get rid of my home's longitude and latitude in their respective boxes, when adding a course.
Dan, when I add a new course the google map shows my location. I just zoom out and move the map to where the course is located, zoom in, and click setting the pin location on where I want it to show. This automatically sets the coordinates.

This is MUCH improved over the old site. But then I don't use my phone much for this site, I use it on my work computer most of the time.

I added a temp course I played for a PDGA tournament this last week. I did take a few pictures of the course while playing and uploaded them. Stole a copy of the map from that other app and uploaded it. The Temp course was set up and they were asking for input to for the final design. The City wants to put disc golf in the park, the local disc shop is working on it.

Dan, when I add a new course the google map shows my location. I just zoom out and move the map to where the course is located, zoom in, and click setting the pin location on where I want it to show. This automatically sets the coordinates.

This is MUCH improved over the old site. But then I don't use my phone much for this site, I use it on my work computer most of the time.

I added a temp course I played for a PDGA tournament this last week. I did take a few pictures of the course while playing and uploaded them. Stole a copy of the map from that other app and uploaded it. The Temp course was set up and they were asking for input to for the final design. The City wants to put disc golf in the park, the local disc shop is working on it.
I'll try that in the future

I'll just bump this one I guess.

Am I the only one actively poaching courses from..um..elsewhere and adding them here?

It's SOOOO much easier to do now, for me at least. I don't mind doing it to an extent, but a little help please at least. Add that, "sweet, the church down the road opened a course" course.

Pretty please. 🙏

It doesn't take an army. And a course is a course.

Before I started adding courses to Northern Utah it looked pretty slim now the map is much larger than in years past. I'll be honest when I'm road tripping I use Udisc and not DGCR app (I try to stay loyal but Udisc is far superior IMO) so I end up adding a lot of courses. Last time I was just north of Salt Lake I played 8 or 9 courses and have to add 5 of them. This is sadly the case for many areas I visit. I'm getting lazier and lazier and at some point I'll stop doing it. Just being real.