• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thumb Sucker

discflinger

Double Eagle Member
Ok, so I play a lot of DG, somewhere in the range of 15 rounds a week, but I'm having difficulty keeping these numbers up because my thumb keeps splitting open on big drives. I grip my disc really tightly for max snap and after the disc is released my thumb slams into my index finger and splits open on the outter part of the thumb, right where the nail ends.
I know I can lay off the throws, but I'm addicted to the bomb. Is there any lotion or balm that may strengthen my dish pan hands, or would perhaps mole skin or something of the sort be my best option? HELP!!

Ouch!

Mole skin or bandage tape is my suggestion.

My thumbs crack all winter and whenever I do a lot of saltwater fishing. All the other suggestions are good, but nothing has ever worked for me. I've tried Utter cream, Zimm's crack cream, liquid skin, Corn Husker cream, super glue, every cream I could find and it still cracks and bleeds.
I have thick skin almost like calluses on my finger tips and worst is my thumbs. I sandpaper my finger tips to keep the skin thin and at night while you sleep put a good moisturizing cream on your hands and keep them covered. Use socks over your hands for the whole hand and rubber finger tips if just thumbs.

If it's already cracked, trim away the thick skin with nail clippers and do the over night process to let heal. My Doc says Bacitracin makes your minor wounds heal fastest. If your playing, cover the area with liquid skin or super glue to keep from splitting more. Afterward sandpaper it off and repeat process.

athletic tape
super glue
baseball glove
man-up and dont be a pussy....lol

those are my suggestions

Anything with a high lanolin content used in a glove overnight. All our nurses use Aloe Vesta to avoid dried and cracked hands from washing, washing, washing.

Besides that, lay off throwing, or throw differently for a couple of days to let it heal, then treat every night!

Latest posts