• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

time to get your groove on

dirtydmix

Par Member
Wondering which guys throw the groove. I have really been shy on trying the groove from what everyone says on it. however i threw one today and it flew straight for me.

i was wondering how many of u guys use it and what exactly it is supposed to do.

if the grip felt good , go for it, i like mine.. but the grip on it will let it stay in the truck, dont know why, just dont get that "locked in" feeling, or comfy grip consistently, sometimes it works , sometimes grip is crazy for me

I personally love the groove. But to use the groove properly, you have to have a powerful throw, otherwise it will fade pretty quickly. I use mine in headwind shots and for big bombers and it will outdrive my wraith in most cases. Not very good in a tailwind though, because i cant get it to flip over usually. Also, have big hands helps because the rim is so thick.

I've been testing new my Groove against my Wraith quite a lot over the last few weeks. Both are 170g in Champion plastic. I was really hoping that the Groove would fly very-slightly-less stable than my Wraith, however so far I've found it not to be the case. My max distance with the Wraith is ~370ft. currently, throwing with a standard Hyzer flip. At that distance, the Wraith has started taking on a very slight S curve, however the Groove still fades sharply, hitting the ground about 10-20ft. short of the Wraith. I'm guessing it must take an enormous throw to get the Groove to perform as Innova's chart suggests it will.

My friend has sworn by the groove for months now, even after loosing two of them damn near a week apart, he still comes back. (here it comes...) When he's really in the groove he can whip out forehand cannon s-curves as far as the eye can see. If things go wrong though, they seem to go terribly wrong, I mean, its a speed 13, its to be expected.

But these are just my commentaries on watching him though and throwing it once, so, yeah =P

i threw it i think 6 times. a couple of throws were sharp. I mean u can almost feel the thing zip outta your hand. It might be that the lip is so weird that my grip was off. I liked what i saw. Its just hard to want to buy something everyone hates on.

I liked mine for about 3 weeks, then it was falling on its side every throw, so i got rid of it. Dont get to attached to it, it will dissapoint you.

Its just hard to want to buy something everyone hates on.
Who cares what everyone else thinks about what you like. If it works for you, use it.

I have one and like it. I will get that slight right highspeed turn before it begins to fade.

When I first got it I really didn't like it because it seemed to be terribly inconsistent. Since, I have changed my form and my distance and accuracy has gotten a lot better. I busted the groove out friday in an open field and was throwing it just as far as my other drivers.

It really does fly a lot like a boss just with more turnover possibility. I was throwing it around 370 with a tight s flight pattern. One thing I do like about it, the lip seems to make it skip less at the end of the throw.

Didnt really care for the ones I have had besides the one eco star I had. That thing beat up way too fast for star plastic though and I got rid of it

When I first got it I really didn't like it because it seemed to be terribly inconsistent. Since, I have changed my form and my distance and accuracy has gotten a lot better. I busted the groove out friday in an open field and was throwing it just as far as my other drivers.

It really does fly a lot like a boss just with more turnover possibility. I was throwing it around 370 with a tight s flight pattern. One thing I do like about it, the lip seems to make it skip less at the end of the throw.

Why wouldn't you want the skip in a distance driver? I can see why you wouldn't want a midrange or even a fairway driver to skip, but a speed 13 driver? I mean if there's any disc where you are trying to chuck it as hard as you can and get as far out there as possible, it's a speed 13 driver. Seems to me it would ideally skip 50 feet more than it flies.

I've been testing new my Groove against my Wraith quite a lot over the last few weeks. Both are 170g in Champion plastic. I was really hoping that the Groove would fly very-slightly-less stable than my Wraith, however so far I've found it not to be the case. My max distance with the Wraith is ~370ft. currently, throwing with a standard Hyzer flip. At that distance, the Wraith has started taking on a very slight S curve, however the Groove still fades sharply, hitting the ground about 10-20ft. short of the Wraith. I'm guessing it must take an enormous throw to get the Groove to perform as Innova's chart suggests it will.

It's always going to fade harder...part of the physics behind a faster disc slowing down. All the distance needs to come before it looses speed.

The boss always skips far but I have learned to use that for the most part and learned where to place it to get the best results

I have to groove. I am a rookie and wanted a FAST disc. I am able to drive just as far with a Valkarye. Not sure I have developed my drive enough to take advantage.

I'll admit I've been on the "I hate the Groove" bandwagon. But, since I'm not the richest guy in the neighborhood I didn't have money to buy a new disc. After about 2 months of throwing it the Groove is now flying just like the ratings state, and has become my distance driver with no wind. Once they are broken in they are golden. But $hit out of it and it will fly pretty darn good.

I didn't care for it at first...too fast for me to do anything with...btu after a lot of practice this summer I started throwing a Monarch really well and have started puttign teh Groove in the bag. The accuracy still isn't where I'd like it to be and it's been acting just a touch overstable for my usual taste...but I've been getting pretty close to the distance I get with my Surge SS, which is my #1 driver...

Latest posts