• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To go to 2012 Am Worlds or Not.

Let's do it Bravethrower. Charlotte to the Twin Cities 2014 road trip.

I'm in dude. I am going to be there no matter what.

I don't know.. I was skeptical about the courses when I did the initial search after the Worlds site was announced, but when I saw that two golf courses were being used in addition to the existing disc golf courses, things became a little more interesting. I wish I could see the layouts.

Yea ball golf courses don't make me any more interested. Don't feel like playing a tournament that is on all open courses in the wind. Just not my style.

I don't know.. I was skeptical about the courses when I did the initial search after the Worlds site was announced, but when I saw that two golf courses were being used in addition to the existing disc golf courses, things became a little more interesting. I wish I could see the layouts.
There may be some tweaking going on with them (and I honestly don't know how much), but you can see the layouts that were used for the GBO.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5154
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5155

Save your money and go to the Twin Cities in 2014.
I'd suspect next year's worlds will fill. He may need points to get there and since BG Ams is history for this year, going to this year's Am Worlds is the fastest way to get it.

Courses in Kansas don't seem near as fun as Twin Cities so I'll wait.

^

Ahh, I just love people who make proclamations about places their played courses shows they've been nowhere near. I'll just chock those little witticisms up to what they amount to boys. They honestly wouldn't fill a nut cup.

If you guys ever make it here for whatever God forsaken reason, play Rosedale - Down Under, Thomas Park, Perry Lake, or the tourney temp I played this weekend and tell me how flat, open and boring courses are here.

As has been mentioned, if you were not invited, getting in may be your biggest problem.

As for the comments about the courses in Emporia, having played GBO, I can tell you that they are not completely open. And if you haven't learned how to throw in the wind, you really haven't learned how to play disc golf. Conditions should not affect your ability to throw a disc.

As for the comments about the courses in Emporia, having played GBO, I can tell you that they are not completely open. And if you haven't learned how to throw in the wind, you really haven't learned how to play disc golf. Conditions should not affect your ability to throw a disc.

I got 9th in Advanced at the GBO and I didn't even play very well. All I did was handle the wind very well (S/DS > Firebird > Viper > Pig). I probably missed 20 putts (no exaggeration) inside the circle on the weekend.

If you can handle the wind and avoid big numbers, you can do very well at this tournament.

Ahh, I just love people who make proclamations about places their played courses shows they've been nowhere near. I'll just chock those little witticisms up to what they amount to boys. They honestly wouldn't fill a nut cup.

THIS

... I do love me a good nut cup numonomnom

Last edited:
If you guys ever make it here for whatever God forsaken reason, play Rosedale - Down Under, Thomas Park, Perry Lake, or the tourney temp I played this weekend and tell me how flat, open and boring courses are here.

mckayla-not-impressed.png

Well being DGCR, I would say those courses look good but by no means anything special at all. The first 2 courses together remind me of blue ribbon/kaposia (which will get major upgrades b4 worlds as well) but your courses offer shorter holes, less amenities, fewer holes total to play and do not appear as fun IMO as the above 2. Perry Lake seems like a very new course and flatter as well as less broken-in/seasoned as the courses here being considered. I see no amenities for the most part, lacking any views or signature holes and all reviews seem to mention design issues... Then we have Hyland SSA which you can't compare any of those KC courses to, except maybe the dirt temp course which is not close to a equal comparison.

TC FTW :)

This will be the only time you get to a Worlds that will have an age group of peers for you (at least all very close in age). Sounds to me like a unique and very fun experience where you will meet a lot of people who you will see on and off over the years (if you and them stick around in DG)....and some might become great friends.

I would make it a priority to be there for this reason alone.

You guys get so butthurt so easily. No one has yet to say "the courses in Emporia Suck". All I said is they don't look fun to me. I'm sure everyone will have a blast but I wouldn't.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5154
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5155

Are any of those courses worlds courses? since the answer is no cause they are not in Emporia I think you're upset over nothing. Worlds courses are Open, not all courses in Kansas. Happy?

I guess they are considered open to people who only have courses with open walking paths. There is a whole other world outside of your trees. My discs never got the memo about these all being open courses they seem to find plenty of trees anyway.

It always seems windy because you see videos of the GBO in April at two golf courses with little to no wind blocks. In the summer you'll be dealing with the humidity more than the wind although it will still be stronger than most places on their worst days.

I can attest to these with certainty.

The courses will be in their best shape and condition.
You won't leave feeling like you wasted your time or money.

DD is going to make it awesome.

but your courses offer shorter holes
Really now...

BRP 9493 feet / 27 holes - 351.6 feet average
Kaposia 7753 feet / 26 holes - 298.2 feet average

Jones East 7676 feet / 18 holes - 426.4 feet average
Jones West 6637 feet / 18 holes - 368.2 feet average
Peter Pan 6006 feet / 18 holes - 333 feet average

maximum distance displayed used on all courses

The ball golf courses linked above speak for themselves.

less amenities,
One of the best disc golf shops in the country that would smoke any on course pro shop is within a five minute drive of any of them. With that onsite amenities are kind of pointless. You also have to remember this is a small college town of 30,000 people, not a big metropolitan area.

fewer holes total to play
Rather meaningless in a tournament. Most 24-27 holers I've seen have a lot of filler holes to connect the good ones, and BRP while I enjoyed it was no exception.

and do not appear as fun IMO as the above 2.
Matter of opinion and opinions are fine, but opinions of people who have actually played all of them are valued more than those who make "seems like" comparisons based on pictures and think they have an omnipotent view of the world because they have a DGCR account.

Ehh, not when its buried under snow three months out of the year. :)

Last edited:
It is worth it for the fun! You will create some great memories and meet a lot of cool people who share your passion for the game.

It is worth it for the fun! You will create some great memories and meet a lot of cool people who share your passion for the game.
And hes the 2011 nineteen and uneder champ, hes played in that division and says you will have fun, you probably will