• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Courses of 2014

i was interested to see the top courses added in 2014 so i browsed it using a 5 review qualifier.

1. Lake Claiborne_Whitetail - 4.67
2. Coyote Trace - 4.58
3. Fairfield Park - 4.55
4. Villas Crossing - 4.38
5. Greenfield DGC - 4.29
6. The Canyons - 4.28
7. Tyger River - 4.2
& Megiddo River - 4.2
9. Tall Firs - 4.17
10. Bad Rock Creek - 4.1

Three of those are in Illinios so props to you guys for getting some good courses in or screw you for being like Colorado and overrating courses.

Good to see that there are still some free courses among the best of the best.

i was interested to see the top courses added in 2014 so i browsed it using a 5 review qualifier.

2. Coyote Trace - 4.58
3. Fairfield Park - 4.55
4. Villas Crossing - 4.38
5. Greenfield DGC - 4.29
6. The Canyons - 4.28
7. Tyger River - 4.2
& Megiddo River - 4.2
9. Tall Firs - 4.17
10. Bad Rock Creek - 4.1

Three of those are in Illinios so props to you guys for getting some good courses in or screw you for being like Colorado and overrating courses.

I've played Migiddo and Fairfield and they're both strong. (In fact, they're the only two of those 10, I had an opportunity to play. :thmbdown:)

Some comparisons to Camden II have been made for Megiddo; which is strong praise. (Yeah, I know I should be giving you a link...oh well...too lazy at the moment)

Last edited:
yay for Pendleton King being ranked higher than Little Mulberry thanks to their locals doing flyby 5 disc reviews!

yay for Pendleton King being ranked higher than Little Mulberry thanks to their locals doing flyby 5 disc reviews!

WOW. I mean, just WOW. The people who give honest, REAL reviews(and trusted reviewers) don't come CLOSE to the flyby local "reviews" just there to pump the course up.

I will be writing a full review on Mulberry soon. It's one of my favorite courses in the Southeast, and I've now played it half a dozen times and seen every pin position. I may need to play the shorts before I write the review....but I doubt I will.

It's eating me alive that this course is in my home state, but still nowhere near convenient for me (probably close to a five and a half hour drive from NOLA). It looks awesome, and the kind of true wooded course that you don't really see in Louisiana. The fact that it topped the list of newly added courses is further evidence that I really need to get up there and check it out. It could very well be the best course in a state that lacks truly top tier courses.

Only 4/50 here, but I've got 3 of the top 10.

I'm 2/10 and 6/50 myself. I've a trip to IDGC slated in June, so that'll net another one, with the possibility of hitting Tyler and Maple Hill this summer as well. Going to be a good year for disc golf. :D

3 of 50 on the Overall listing. (Flip City, Beaver Ranch and Deer Lakes)

4 of 50 on the 2014 listing (Flip, Beaver, New Quarter and Village Greens)

Quite surprised to see Village Greens on a Top 50 list at all, not very impressive.

So many pay courses. Not that it's a bad thing. Fortunately the two that are near to me are not. :D

3 of 50 on the Overall listing. (Flip City, Beaver Ranch and Deer Lakes)

4 of 50 on the 2014 listing (Flip, Beaver, New Quarter and Village Greens)

Quite surprised to see Village Greens on a Top 50 list at all, not very impressive.

Village Greens?? Yeah, that's gotta be a mistake. The one in Denver?

You have to understand that the 2014 only list is basically a list of the courses that got 15+ reviews throughout the year, which there probably wasn't many more than 50 to begin with. Because courses made the cut doesn't make them great courses...

Latest posts