• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trophy disc made from wood.

^^WOW^^

Impressive and very skilled work if he does that by hand.

As a rank wood working amateur I bow to his skills with envy.

I've always loved the wood trophy thing. Someday I will play a tournament that has em and I will be more motivated to win than ever before.

I work at a shop called the Wright Life in Colorado, we do wooden trophy discs like this:

56789-large.jpg

We also do ultra-star shaped ultimate trophies and fastback shaped disc dog trophies. This one is from last year's Grateful Disc tournament. I can't find a picture of this year's Colorado State Championship trophy, but it was also really sweet.

WOW that is some nice work. Looks like ambrosia maple. Mine are a mix of different woods. Wild cherry, maple, etc... I thought about gluing a pic on the disc then sealing it in but that would cover the wood up.

These are too cool. I'm thinking I might lay down the cash for a few of these for a tourny that I want to put on next summer.

Old wood trophies

DSC_0014(1).jpg

DSC_0012(2).jpg Success, Here are 2 trophies from 1989. Most of my other trophies are in boxes in the attic.

I was wondering if anyone has seen a wooden disc used as a golf trophy. I made a few for a local tournament and they went over well. Here are a few pics of what I made so ya know what I am talking about. I made branding irons for first second etc... The numbers are branded into the wood. Ace is painted on.

Is there a market for something like this?

I just read this thread, and I think those are really cool looking. Its nice to have something you won to hang on the wall, or above the fireplace.

i wanna make some too.

i assume you use a lathe, is that correct and what type is adequate for a project like this?

i wanna make some too.

i assume you use a lathe, is that correct and what type is adequate for a project like this?

I made some minis for x-mas presents last year, but I didn't have access to a lathe.
I build furniture for a living, and used the routers at work. I DO NOT recommend that way. A lathe works much better.

Last edited: