• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats

Im looking at about 125 miles out to get to any new course at this point. I should have saved the closer ones for small daytrips, oh well.

MIke Harr,

I think you ought to start to think about the environment and start conserving natural resources by not driving all over the planet playing courses. Why don't you take about a two year break and let me sneak pass you. I'm closing in 600. I could probably move past you by this summer if you would only do the right thing and stay home.

The Valk Kid

^^^Put yourself in a race with this fool to play all courses in the state. He keeps finding silly school courses to post up new; in areas I've already "completed."

See, my motto is a little different. I believe life is too short to skip playing a new course when you get the chance. :p

I'll play lesser courses if my work schedule or convenience forces the issue. But if I am in the Philly area I am going to Tyler before I drive around chasing more courses. It just depends on time and location.

Then again, there are several so-so courses within about 20 minutes of my house that i haven't played yet. Maybe I am a snob after all. To each his own I guess. :\

Congratulations Sloppy on Diamond TR!:hfive:

I'm gaining on that Diamond, but I've still got a ways to go yet.

I'll third that as my jaunt across Nebraska earlier this month will attest to!

I dream of driving across Nebraska on I-80 someday and playing all those 9 hole courses that are so conviently spaced about 20 miles apart. Just perfect for the serious course bagger!

I dream of driving across Nebraska on I-80 someday and playing all those 9 hole courses that are so conviently spaced about 20 miles apart. Just perfect for the serious course bagger!

Yer a sick individual. :|

I dream of driving across Nebraska....so I can get to all the quality courses on the other side! :D ;)

Yer a sick individual. :|

I dream of driving across Nebraska....so I can get to all the quality courses on the other side! :D ;)

I resemble that remark, Jukeshoe!

And I can completely understand those players who seek out those quality courses on the other side. It's just, with those quality courses so few and so far apart, you need to fill in those long drives by hitting 15-20 or 30-40 crappy little 9 hole park/school courses until you get to that one quality course.

And then when I arrived at Birds Of Paradise (CA) on my last road trip, the schmucks wouldn't let me play on the day I was there. So I played a few more 9 holers and drove on southward.

I resemble that remark, Jukeshoe!

And I can completely understand those players who seek out those quality courses on the other side. It's just, with those quality courses so few and so far apart, you need to fill in those long drives by hitting 15-20 or 30-40 crappy little 9 hole park/school courses until you get to that one quality course.

And then when I arrived at Birds Of Paradise (CA) on my last road trip, the schmucks wouldn't let me play on the day I was there. So I played a few more 9 holers and drove on southward.

I get enough of the crappy 9ers in the Chitown area...no need for me to road-trip for 'em! ;)

I do understand the appeal of breaking up a monotonous drive, though, fo' sho'. :)

Lol...I live for the unexpected. Jukeshoe, you remember Molex? I love stumbling across a place like that. How many people either a) would never try that place becasue it is rated terribly or b) not be able to appreciate that course for what it is? Even if 100 people tell me a course sucks, I have to try it before I know. It might be SIUE (which everyone says sucks becasue it DOES suck) or it might be Molex. Some of my favorite shots are on otherwise nondescript little 9ers. I always want to at least stop and find out for sure that there is nothing there worth stopping for. :p

Lol...I live for the unexpected. Jukeshoe, you remember Molex? I love stumbling across a place like that. How many people either a) would never try that place becasue it is rated terribly or b) not be able to appreciate that course for what it is? Even if 100 people tell me a course sucks, I have to try it before I know. It might be SIUE (which everyone says sucks becasue it DOES suck) or it might be Molex. Some of my favorite shots are on otherwise nondescript little 9ers. I always want to at least stop and find out for sure that there is nothing there worth stopping for. :p

Molex was certainly an unexpected fun lil' treat. :)

Speaking of which, I almost forgot (actually I did until you just reminded me) to mention: Molex's DGC might not be long for this world. Molex was recently acquired by another, larger company. Who knows if they are as DG-friendly as the fine people at Molex. :\

Edit: Koch Industries.

Last edited:
my recent pleasant surprise was Jackson Community College. not a GREAT course but a solid college course for once!

I get enough of the crappy 9ers in the Chitown area...no need for me to road-trip for 'em! ;)

I do understand the appeal of breaking up a monotonous drive, though, fo' sho'. :)

Yes, from what I read and understand, the area west of Chicago must be indispustably the world's champion area of bland 2.5 rated nondescript 9 hole courses. I gotta get there someday and have my fill of them.

Yes, from what I read and understand, the area west of Chicago must be indispustably the world's champion area of bland 2.5 rated nondescript 9 hole courses. I gotta get there someday and have my fill of them.
In the summer you can knock out 10-12 courses in a day. :thmbup:

Then to review them you can just copy and past since they are all what Jukeshoe calls "Jr. High Girlfriend" courses: flat and kinda boring. :|

Did you find a guide, and get Calebs permision before trying to play it? If not, and you just tried showing up and playing it, then it's your own fault that you didn't get to play it. There are numerous reviews that say that you need a guide and permission to play this course. Even the course page says it's by apointment only.

hit my 500th :thmbup: tonight!!
halfway there and five courses from my goal of 150 courses by years end.