• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks should be acknowledged for their efforts.

Here are a few more emoticons. Not sure if they are in that image archive or here at DGCR
I tend to use these :^p

bowdown.gif

screwy.gif

heh...
onto.gif

Yeah I can definitely see how logistics comes into play. I'll definitely need to plan to travel out of state more often and hit some of the more well known courses.

I've reviewed 5 course in my state (ME) so far and they received a combined total of 8 usefuls. The 1 review I did on Maple Hill (MA) got 12 usefuls.

So the biggest most well know courses = more vote votes toward TR status than regular courses.

I tend to agree with this. Getting the unique voters is the hardest part. Though with the still growing user base it's possible it'll be less of an issue in the future.

But at the same time some of the old time DGCR-ers who wrote early reviews are now relegated to page 2 status on the default review page view which I think is a virtual death knell to getting more positive votes. How many people, after reading ten reviews, click through to the second or third page to read more...?

Come on - you can't tell me you have read all the 40+ reviews of Flip City. I mean the latest review have just been so good! :rolleyes:

I will admit, I usually don't go much past the 4th review.

Headed out in 5 hours to Sheboygan ( about 1 hour from my home) to play as much as I can. I have to be ready to leave my house at 3 PM for some Mothers Day Activites but I have directions to 7 new (to me) courses. I hope to get to 5 of them. One has no reviews and another only has 1 review so it isn't all about status with me. I just like seeing what different courses have to offer.

I thought I would give everyone fair warning, to be expecting another 5 reviews or more by the end of the weekend.

So when do all these folks get sent on their trips to the Bahamas for being trusted reviewers?

Is that what ya'll win?

:^p

My prize is the honor of people reading my reviews, but I'll take a trip to Flip City or another 5 disc rated course. There arent even disc golf courses in he Bahamas so why would we want to go there!

You seem to take it very seriously. Good for you.

once you set foot on the islands you would feel differently, is my guess.
:^p

Headed out in 5 hours to Sheboygan ( about 1 hour from my home) to play as much as I can. I have to be ready to leave my house at 3 PM for some Mothers Day Activites but I have directions to 7 new (to me) courses. I hope to get to 5 of them. One has no reviews and another only has 1 review so it isn't all about status with me. I just like seeing what different courses have to offer.

I thought I would give everyone fair warning, to be expecting another 5 reviews or more by the end of the weekend.

I am convinced you are INSANE :D

have fun - PLAY HARD - and i'll look forward to a barrage of reviews this weekend from you!

I made it to all 7 courses despite the pouring rain when I got to Sheboygan. I will be working on he reviews tonight if I get home early enough. I also hand measured 2 or 3 of the courses and wrote down all of the distances for the others that were not listed so i got a lot of good info for these courses. I think I also played 2 courses that have not been reviewed yet. I won't get many positive votes for those until some other people get to these courses, but I am glad I get to add some more good info.

Most importantly I also got my first ace! Unfortunately it was on a blind shot so I didnt even get to see it go in. Someone might have been standing there, caught my disc for all I know and threw it in! But I guarantee I was the only one on the course because it was coming down pretty good.

I made it to all 7 courses despite the pouring rain when I got to Sheboygan. I will be working on he reviews tonight if I get home early enough. I also hand measured 2 or 3 of the courses and wrote down all of the distances for the others that were not listed so i got a lot of good info for these courses. I think I also played 2 courses that have not been reviewed yet. I won't get many positive votes for those until some other people get to these courses, but I am glad I get to add some more good info.

Most importantly I also got my first ace! Unfortunately it was on a blind shot so I didnt even get to see it go in. Someone might have been standing there, caught my disc for all I know and threw it in! But I guarantee I was the only one on the course because it was coming down pretty good.

Congrats on the ACE!

Sorry guys I could only get 4 done tonight I am exhausted, Maybe the last margarita 5 hours before I was to be leaving was a bad idea. I am shot. I will get the other 3 done tomorrow including the course I got my first ace on!

Sorry guys I could only get 4 done tonight I am exhausted,

That is unacceptable, soldier!!!!!! :mad:

Just kidding, you are a machine. Keep the reviews coming, big cat, especially for those courses nobody else has reviewed. Your word is gospel on those, so Im glad you do such a good job, vs the "Three words and 5 stars" homeboy review that you see all too often

("Pros:This course rocks. ***** ")
When theres only one course review and it looks like that, that annoys me, because someone took the time to review it, but was too lazy to do it right. Thank goodness no course escapes the watchful eye of Harr. To quote Boondock Saints "You should be in every major city."

Keep up the good work, looking forward to reading the other 3 reviews tomorrow.

Last edited:
Congrats bjreagh for reaching Gold TR status. If my search was correct, you are the 10th TR to reach this level! Great job, and keep up the good work.

10th Gold member. My question is - how long before Donovan reaches Diamond status? You think before the end of the year? My bets are on EricJ or Donovan, or at his torrid pace - Harr0140 just may best all of us. I'm just shooting for Gold by the end of summer (good to have goals).

Member Name

bjreagh
DGtourist
Donovan
ERicJ
Innovadude
jaymon1
JR Stengele
Olorin
The Valkyrie Kid
timg

Not sure if this has been suggested, to many pages here to read through...lol :D

With so many new members joining DGCR, and all the new TR members, it is difficult to keep up with them all. Could we have some place that would list the newest TR's and/or status changes of current TR's? Maybe on the homepage or something? Just a thought.

There's really no way to tell when someone becomes a TR or when they move up a level. It's just a formula that takes a few variables and spits out the proper medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.