• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TX course with the best elevation changes

Trampy1

Par Member
Anyone out there know what TX course has the best elevation changes? Most of the courses out here are pretty flat with alot of trees, so I am looking to find a good course that has alot of "ups and downs".

Terramont Park , in the Woodlands, just north of Houston. Plays up and down a huge hill.

Yea DFW area seems great for courses like that. In addition to Bicentennial (bc I haven't actually played it yet) Veteran's front 9 has a lot of mountainous feeling holes. Z-Boaz in Ft. Worth also has a few holes like that.

This is really interesting! I'm hoping to get out of College Station for some disc golf road trips. I definitely want to hit those Woodlands courses, since they are easily reachable for a weekend out playing.

Also, Turner Park in Grand Prairie. Lots of elevation.

My picks for Dallas/Ft Worth area are:
Bicentennial-Crowley
Z-Boaz-Fort Worth
Turner Park-Grand Prairie
Veterans-Arlington

Texas is big, you need to pick a area to get a good answer. In Dallas even though I havn't played it Turner sounds like the most elevation. In Austin (from what I've played) Circle R Hill course has the most.

I personally don't like the use of elevation at Crowley, the ones at the very begining are great but back in the woods I don't think the holes warrent the walks up and down the short steap hills.

Greenbelt has one huge hill you throw off of a couple of times and another smaller hill.

Yep, Austin Ridge Bible Church has the most elevation changes for any course in TX that I've played so far... more than Circle R, Veterans, Bicentinnial, Zboaz, etc... by a long shot. There is not ONE hole that doesn't have elevation change. I really can't say enough good things about this course.

The photos don't really do this place justice. The view from the 2nd alternate hole (above #12) is the best view in TX disc golf... IMO better than #18 Circle R Hill course. If you are in Austin and like a challenge on the golf course, you must play this course. It is nothing short of EPIC!!!!!

In DFW...Turner/Vet/Z Boaz
Austin...East Metro uses is well, The Hill
Corpus...Guth(If your there go play Live Oak Gold, its flat but bad a$$!)

Yep, Austin Ridge Bible Church has the most elevation changes for any course in TX that I've played so far... more than Circle R, Veterans, Bicentinnial, Zboaz, etc... by a long shot. There is not ONE hole that doesn't have elevation change. I really can't say enough good things about this course.

The photos don't really do this place justice. The view from the 2nd alternate hole (above #12) is the best view in TX disc golf... IMO better than #18 Circle R Hill course. If you are in Austin and like a challenge on the golf course, you must play this course. It is nothing short of EPIC!!!!!

I will echo that from what I have heard so far - Austin Ridge is the new Texas Champion. But yes, Terramont in Houston of all places is a fun big elevated 9 hole. Not real diverse - just a big good hill.

x2. ridgeline is by far has the biggest elevation changes in austin and is now my favorite. gonna head out there this weekend again!

ridgeline
circle r-hill course
twin parks-hillshire
metro park

just to name a few more.

Last edited: