• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ulibarri Displays True Sportsmanship

to all who bash Paul for his decision... That shows how much class you have. Paul made a great decision and if you ever met half of these players instead of play with yourself wishing to be them you would understand.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

I was on the same road as you, Terry C, but I got off well short of the "jackass" exit.

What he did comprimises the integrity of the sport. He basically said "this is just a stupid game Im playing and the outcome dosent really matter." He's an idiot, and he lost because of it, thats a great!! :thmbup:

I just lost all respect I had for you.

I lost all respect I had for Paul U when I read what he did. That was not a profesional move at all, he's a fool. No profesional athelete feels sorry for their opponent and lets them back into a match that is all but over...and because someone I dont know has lost respect for me Ill have to cry myself to sleep tonite. (not) :\ Dont be so thin skinned buddy, just put me on your blocked list and move on.:thmbdown:

Colluding is messed up b/c it doesn't encourage people to play their best and defeats the purpose of competition.

99.9% of the time I dissagree with you but I agree with you on this.

If I doinked a 10 foot put that cost me a tournament, I sure as hell wouldn't be blaming the guy that beat me, nor would it make me all warm and fuzy and make us BFF's that he tossed his winning putt in the dirt on purpose.

If I was losing to someone in a DG tournament and they let me back into the match by giving up a stroke for me I would think the person was an idiot for letting me back into the game... If I won the tournament after that it would probably feel less deserved because of how I was able to win.

"You will not make this putt... you jackass"

0.jpg

professional football player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

professional baseball player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

professional hockey player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

professional basketball player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

professional disc golfer loses game because of fatal error in judgement- HERO!!

*bleeding heart alert*

Sand in your vagina?

professional football player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

professional baseball player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

professional hockey player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

professional basketball player loses game because of fatal error- fired/demoted to minors

*bleeding heart alert*

Sand in your vagina?
:hfive:

*bleeding heart alert*

Sand in your vagina?
All your examples were team sports. He didn't lose for anybody but himself.

SO is there video evidence of what happened, I need to see some instant replay in slow motion to make a decision here

I had a front row seat for this. Gurthie's spit out, if you can call it that, was perhaps the worst I have ever seen. His disc landed inside the basket, and then bounced out. After this, Uli walked over to GG, shook his hand, walked back to his disc (which wasnt further that 12ft from the basket), and tossed it under the basket. For a second, I wasnt sure what I just saw. Then I realized what had just happenned. Everyone was definitely in shock. However, a little insight into this, Uli and GG had already agreed to split the money so this was just for the win, not for any difference in money. And btw, GG's drive on hole 1 (the last playoff hole), was the greatest shot I have ever witnessed.

All your examples were team sports. He didn't lose for anybody but himself.
He didn't even lose anything at all. In fact, his decision got recognized as a good play by the only people that he could have lost anything from. It seems like he only gained from his decision and no one lost anything. I really fail to see what's wrong with making a play that has all benefits and no negatives.

Ha ha, I'm not actually mad Paul. Just kind of razzing the people who think this was cool of Paul U. I think what he did diminishes our sport though honestly. I think he made ia pro tournament look like a "game" when actually he is representing our sport as a "professional" disc golfer. If I were on the out side looking in as a fan on this I would think the sport was kind of pointless and the pro circuit would seem shady after watching two guys in cahoots with each other. Let me put it this way, I seriously doubt if Climo would ever do this exact thing but, If he did I would think much less of him as a pro golfer. Why should Paul U be any different? It was a bad move on Paul U's part and bad for our sport. Sorry if my opinion differs from the masses on here.

Ha ha, I'm not actually mad Paul. Just kind of razzing the people who think this was cool of Paul U. I think what he did diminishes our sport though honestly. I think he made ia pro tournament look like a "game" when actually he is representing our sport as a "professional" disc golfer. If I were on the out side looking in as a fan on this I would think the sport was kind of pointless and the pro circuit would seem shady after watching two guys in cahoots with each other. Let me put it this way, I seriously doubt if Climo would ever do this exact thing but, If he did I would think much less of him as a pro golfer. Why should Paul U be any different? It was a bad move on Paul U's part and bad for our sport. Sorry if my opinion differs from the masses on here.
It is a game.

The pro bowl game in the NFL is much the same. Used to matter to the players; when they were only making pennies on the dollar. These days, I think most pro bowlers want to just not get hurt; and enjoy a vacation with their families in Hawaii.

It is a game.

The open bracket is reserved for professionals, or in other words people who think it is not just a "game" but a sport that should be recognized. Maybe to AM1,2,3, rec etc... it could be just a game.:popcorn:

The pro bowl game in the NFL is much the same. Used to matter to the players; when they were only making pennies on the dollar. These days, I think most pro bowlers want to just not get hurt; and enjoy a vacation with their families in Hawaii.

Yeah I know, it seems some people think since most professional disc golfers only make pennies then the only benefit of being a professional in this sport is to travel around and goof off. Thats kind of the impression I'm getting from this thread particularly.

Latest posts