• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Up and Coming Good Reviewers

Update On Everyone mentioned

Here's an stats update since some additional folks have been given shout-outs since the last one. Organized by TR Status then Alphabetical.

Username – Reviews – Thumbs-Up Total – TR Level
autocrosscrx – 4 – 27
CIDG – 10 – 62
damtroll – 10 - 69
Dave242 – 276 – 1922
disc.golf.chic - 1 – 7
DrunkenSailor – 7 – 23
gatoremt – 6 – 18
HelloPoodles – 10 - 47
IdahoTory – 6 – 42
KevinYepez – 1 – 14
leath – 16 – 97
letsgobulls_24 – 13 – 61
Luckj – 16 - 90
Mason Jackson – 2 – 17
Mhageman4 – 41 – 81
Par_Daddy – 4 – 32
ranchdip – 1 – 12
sandford – 11 – 47
tackettbr – 4 – 20
tru-11 – 6 – 82

Ad166809 – 24 – 128 – Bronze
bikinjack – 23 – 258 – Bronze
Cujo – 27 – 165 – Bronze
dad_of_dg_junkies – 22 – 131 – Bronze
dino2disc – 22 – 144 – Bronze
eric_vdberg – 38 – 146 – Bronze
FlyingSouthDG – 23 – 105 – Bronze
itsRudy – 34 – 190 – Bronze
Jah Plastifari – 20 – 179 – Bronze
JuanA – 20 – 185 – Bronze
Kegelexercise - 25 – 162 – Bronze
lee76007 - 21 – 154 – Bronze
Money_Shot – 33 – 188 - Bronze
Monocacy – 21 – 222 – Bronze
SpartanDisc – 25 – 186 – Bronze
The Last DJ – 13 – 114 – Bronze
ThrowBot – 18 – 117 – Bronze
Xelto – 30 – 119 – Bronze

aredoubles – 38 – 297 – Silver
DFrah – 34 – 234 – Silver
DumfriesLizzie – 43 – 276 – Silver
goosefraba1 – 32 – 214 – Silver
Knobby325 – 82 – 389 – Silver
kp_1024 – 32 – 222 – Silver
Mushin No Shin – 30 – 210 – Silver
rd.bittle – 46 – 313 – Silver
Shadrach3 – 89 – 749 – Silver
Surge5 – 45 – 386 – Silver
Tyler J – 30 – 345 - Silver

Bennybennybenny – 210 – 1427 - Diamond
craigd – 117 – 1140 – Diamond
harr0140 – 480 – 3287 - Diamond
sidewinder22 – 197 – 1254 – Diamond
Stardoggy – 214 – 1309 – Diamond
tallpaul – 137 – 1245 – Diamond
thrembo – 155 – 1001 – Gold
Upshawt1979 – 369 – 2185 – Diamond
wolfhaley – 283 – 1554 – Diamond

I noticed this morning that I've reached GOLD status, with 430+ positive votes on my 100+ reviews. I wish there was an easy way to find and thank the person who pushed me over the top. But given the focus of this thread, I can thank everyone here who's given me the "UP" - and tell every up and coming good reviewer to keep at it. Your contribution makes this the BEST resource for genuine and detailed information about courses! I'm taking the day off to play a handful of new courses tomorrow (including Iron Hill), so I expect to be writing reviews for the coming week or so. Cheers everybody!

A bit of a necropost, but congrats, Hyoo! I always enjoy your reviews about a course in my neck of the woods or just outside it for a new place to go to.

Congrats, Shad! That was a long time coming.

Well done Shadrach. :thmbup:

Not to pick on Tyler, but... I'm gonna pick on Ty. :p

FTFY
Congrats, Shad! That was a long time coming quite well deserved.

Shadrach wrote his 1st review on May 14, 2020.
Earned his Gold TR in less than 11 months.

He writes quality reviews and deserves his accolades. If anything, commend him for being prolific enough to achieve gold so quickly. But "a long time coming?"

I'd say his rise was closer to meteoric.

I honestly thought he had been at it longer - I forgot he started so recently. Totally agree with you, Bogey. I love Shads reviews, and he deserves every bit of praise and recognition he receives.

Thank you all! It's nice to know your work is appreciated:)

I decided for kicks to check out the exact number...at this time one year ago, I had played a total of 17 disc golf courses in my life. Never did I see this fine little adventure coming.

Indeed. I doubt most of us thought we'd be travelling across the country, playing hundreds of courses... but DGCR has a way of sucking you into doing just that.

And yes, it's quite a fun and interesting adventure. :)

Luckj has posted seven solid reviews in the past 10 weeks (starting Dec. 1). Definitely on pace to reached trusted reviewer status.
Really appreciate it! I take the reviewing process seriously and enjoy it. Haven't played anything new the last couple of months (new baby in the house) but look forward to adding more going forward!

I honestly thought he had been at it longer - I forgot he started so recently. Totally agree with you, Bogey. I love Shads reviews, and he deserves every bit of praise and recognition he receives.
I just noticed from your reviews that we seem to be working the same city recently. Keep up the excellent work!

I just noticed from your reviews that we seem to be working the same city recently. Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks! I only have 1 more Cincinnati review to write, and then I'll start getting back to my local courses in St. Louis. I see you've played the big 3 in that town; I'd love to read your thoughts if you end up reviewing them. Keep the great reviews coming, you're off to a great start!

Thanks! I only have 1 more Cincinnati review to write, and then I'll start getting back to my local courses in St. Louis. I see you've played the big 3 in that town; I'd love to read your thoughts if you end up reviewing them. Keep the great reviews coming, you're off to a great start!

Appreciate it. I feel like I have so little to add to what has already been said about Idlewild. Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) is my favorite course to throw so I may have to put something together for them. I enjoy writing reviews for lesser known courses though, places that haven't been so fully covered.

Appreciate it. I feel like I have so little to add to what has already been said about Idlewild. Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) is my favorite course to throw so I may have to put something together for them. I enjoy writing reviews for lesser known courses though, places that haven't been so fully covered.

Reviewing Idlewild would add perspective to your entire review portfolio. for example, wolfhaley has reviewed idlewild. Thus when he reviews another course at the 4.5 level, that i haven't played, I know that if I target that course i can expect an upper tier course. when i travel to Wisconsin, i routinely target his higher rated courses.

Reviewing Idlewild would add perspective to your entire review portfolio. for example, wolfhaley has reviewed idlewild. Thus when he reviews another course at the 4.5 level, that i haven't played, I know that if I target that course i can expect an upper tier course. when i travel to Wisconsin, i routinely target his higher rated courses.

This is a fantastic point. Different people will have different opinions on courses. If I notice that I tend to agree with your ratings on 1 or 2 courses, that's something I'll consider when it comes to the courses you have played an reviewed but I have not yet.

Another benefit to reviewing courses with a lot of reviews is that when you review a course, that review is the most current review for that course. I take a course's overall rating into account, but I also look at what recent reviews have said. I have run into courses that have a bunch of high ratings, but most of those ratings were from 8 to 10 years ago, and the course isn't really at that level anymore. The opposite can happen to. You're review helps paint a picture of where that course is at currently.

Bingo. Courses played in common allow you to guage other reviewers opinions and ratings relative to your own. That provides context and perspective when reading reviews for making decisions about courses you haven't played.

It really helps you get a feel for where their DG values are similar to and/or differ from, your own.

Bingo. Courses played in common allow you to guage other reviewers opinions and ratings relative to your own. That provides context and perspective when reading reviews for making decisions about courses you haven't played.

It really helps you get a feel for where their DG values are similar to and/or differ from, your own.

While I agree to some extent, I look at the description much more than the number rating when decided whether to play a course or not.

I would add that this can also apply in a chain series. If you tend to rate similarly on shared courses to Reviewer A, and Reviewer A happens to rate and rant similarly on courses they share with Reviewer B, then you can also get a good feel about courses from Reviewer B even if you don't share any courses with them.