• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Up and Coming Good Reviewers

Olorin

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
This purpose of this thread is to recognize reviewers who write thorough, thoughtful, and useful reviews that deserve some recognition for their time and effort. I would like to spotlight only 2 groups-- those who have not yet earned a medal and Bronze because the Silvers and Golds are already getting at least some recognition. I would particularly like to highlight the people who don't have a medal yet but are on a noteworthy path.

I will start with aredoubles because he is writing some very thorough reviews from all over my beloved North Carolina! Check him out.

I need to get back in the game. Been a couple years since I've reviewed anything.

Upshawt1979 has been writing great, often overlooked, reviews for years with little to no fanfare. Look how many of his reviews have 3 or fewer positive votes. He finished playing all 50 states last year without bringing any attention to it.

Thanks for the shout-out, Olorin! I started writing reviews last year, after playing my 100th course. I realized how much value I was getting from reading everyone's thoughtful reviews on DGCR over the years, and figured I should probably give back and start chipping in with some myself. Glad they've been useful for folks. I need to find more time for writing.

Another solid reviewer who writes concise, easily digestible reviews is DumfriesLizzie. She's been churning out well-written reviews for the past year or so. I actually think her reviews are the ideal length, touching on the top handful of pros & cons while providing a solid overview of a course.

Another solid reviewer who writes concise, easily digestible reviews is DumfriesLizzie. She's been churning out well-written reviews for the past year or so.
I've been enjoying DumfriesLizzie reviews as well. Now that I live in central VA I'm not too far from Dumfries, so many of the courses she reviews are of interest to me.

Kegelexcercise is another one to read and follow. I see a diamond in their future (and no, that's not a proposal). If they keep on the current course the only variable on the path to diamond is time.

P.S.- Going on the screen name alone I can't tell if Kegel is a guy or a gal. I'd be interested to hear the story on the genesis of that name...

Shadrach3

Shadrach3 in the Atlanta area has apparently caught the itch. He's been on a tear bagging and reviewing the Atlanta area. Excellent discussion topic Lowe.
I agree that Shadrach3 is writing high quality reviews. He is on the path to Diamond TR!

Kegelexcercise is another one to read and follow. I see a diamond in their future (and no, that's not a proposal). If they keep on the current course the only variable on the path to diamond is time.

P.S.- Going on the screen name alone I can't tell if Kegel is a guy or a gal. I'd be interested to hear the story on the genesis of that name...

Thank you - I appreciate the kind words! I started using this site a few years ago, fell in love with the wealth of information on it, and have tried to add what I can to the collection of info in the meantime. It may take a while to the higher reviewer ranks though - I mostly just play at local Milwaukee area courses, and as father to a young child, am not at a point in life where disc golf tourism is all that realistic. Some day, though!

The name is purely for yuks though. I'll spill the beans if I ever play a round with any of y'all!

Screen name always made me chuckle.

That said, finding a woman who does kegel excecises isn't something to laugh at. It can be a gripping experience. :D

Thank you - I appreciate the kind words! I started using this site a few years ago, fell in love with the wealth of information on it, and have tried to add what I can to the collection of info in the meantime. It may take a while to the higher reviewer ranks though - I mostly just play at local Milwaukee area courses, and as father to a young child, am not at a point in life where disc golf tourism is all that realistic. Some day, though!

The name is purely for yuks though. I'll spill the beans if I ever play a round with any of y'all!

If you're ever wanting to split the difference and play Stoney Creek or Sandy Knoll, let me know!

If you're ever wanting to split the difference and play Stoney Creek or Sandy Knoll, let me know!

I played Stoney Creek once a few years ago and thought it was awesome. Have yet to play Sandy Knoll. Whenever the hustle and bustle of life affords me a chance to get to either of those two courses, I'd love to play a round with you!

I played Stoney Creek once a few years ago and thought it was awesome. Have yet to play Sandy Knoll. Whenever the hustle and bustle of life affords me a chance to get to either of those two courses, I'd love to play a round with you!

Stoney Creek keeps getting better and better. Definitely worth a return trip.

lee76007 is another new reviewer that I just found. He is writing Great reviews! Very thorough and informative. I recommend that you check him out!

Latest posts