• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I like the idea. It's a quality bag for players starting out, or players who don't need to carry a lot of discs. I would have bought one 5 years ago.

All in all I'm not a fan of starter bags, because my 1st Innova bag fell apart after 3 months of use.

My partner suffered the same fate with his Fade bag. I can confidently say these bags will last much longer than 3 months!

The Focus will stand when leaning on the waist pockets, but it takes a second of balancing to get it to stay. I would honestly say that we originally did not design the bag to stand, so even though it can stand, I usually have found myself leaning it on a rock or tree close by. I can get you a photo tomorrow when it is light out.

Also I figure I should introduce myself, I am Jon Richardson, CEO of Upper Park Designs. And my two partners Hobie and Pat both give their cheers to the disc golf community. We are excited to be here!

Good on you sir for a straight answer to that question. You have gained one supporter regardless of product. These look like cool niche bags and I hope to see you expand in our market. I believe bags over discs or anything else are the low hanging fruit of disc golf equipment for manufacturers.

Welcome to DGCR!

Last edited:
Good on you sir for a straight answer to that question. You have gained one supporter regardless of product. These look like cool niche bags and I hope to see you expand in our market. I believe bags over discs or anything else are the low hanging fruit of disc golf equipment for manufacturers.

Welcome to DGCR!

Agreed. The disc golf community is begging for quality bags! Of all shapes and sizes!

How's the Focus work for standing up when not in use? I'd love to see a photo of that, too. Good luck!

Sorry for the slow reply. Here is a picture of the Focus loaded with 8 discs and standing using the waist pockets. There is nothing in the pockets for the picture but the bag stands even better when there is. :thmbup:

UlMpxl.jpg

Very interested in the shift bag. Would love some more pictures of all the pockets on the outside opened up, and a solid shot of the inside. Very curious if you can fit 20 in the whole bag with out to much trouble, I know it would be pushing it. I really like the concept though.

The more I hover over the Shift bag, the more I'm liking it. I wish I didn't have 2 DIY bags already. I've been keeping up on the Facebook pictures and YouTube videos. For a 12 disc user like me, it seems light, comfortable, and all of my discs are right there to grab. I'm not a big space whore, so I don't need Prodiscus-sized extra storage.

Although I'm not 100% sold on the waist strap and side pockets. For a hiking bag, absolutely. For a bag that I pick up, take off, and put down as frequently as a DG bag, the waist strap doesn't really offer any solid use. It would honestly boil down to whether or not the strap and side pockets are just "not in the way" or "downright annoying" when not being used. They do gain points for helping the bag stand on it's own, though.

I have a birthday in early March, and Upstate NY is blanketed in snow. So I'm thinking of nabbing one then...as long as the price doesn't go too far out of whack after the "holiday pricing" ends.

wow! I love the the poss of 4 external putters!edit:jesus should i say 6 exteranl putters! I bout to buy one of these bad boys! The shift is to cool!

wow! I love the the poss of 4 external putters!edit:jesus should i say 6 exteranl putters! I bout to buy one of these bad boys! The shift is to cool!

I don't even carry 4 putters. I'd have my putting Pure, my Zone, my Opto Pure, and whatever my go-to driver will be on the course I'm playing. The inside will just be my other discs for intermediate use. I'm all about simplicity.

I carry more putters than anything. I havent bought a new bag bc im searching for something that will hold atleast 4 putters on the outside. This may be it. I carry 4-6 white team stamped challengers some for drives close putts and then like 2 sets to rotate.

Birdman,

Grip Bag. I carry 3 in the top putter pocket, and 2 more in the front zip pocket. Works great!

But you will buy another one inside of two years because we are disc golfers and that's what we do.

Well, thats been true to me thus far! I have been playing for 4 years. Started with the innova competition, then to the innova discarrier, now the grip. But after shelling out $260 for the clay/coal, I think I'll hold onto this one a while. It fits my needs perfectly thus far. Only way I may switch is If I get a sponsorship, and only way I get a sponsorship is if companies start sponsoring 935 rated players :)

does anyone have pix of their discs in the shift pack? im about to order and want to see it.