• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

US map showing density of course in each state

I'll agree with that, very sweet map. and I too would like to see an updated version, 2.5 years is a long time in the current DG course-building frenzy.

*am damn glad I don't live in north-central Nevada.

If you divide the data points by population density, and limit to courses of ratings 2 or better, Chicago would be way darker than Nevada.

tumblr_m3ivl3z2z91qko769o1_500.gif

Iron Hill is the only 18 hole public course with a permanent layout of a 72 SSA. There may be a private course or a set up during tournament play that is harder, but I'm pretty sure as of right now it is the hardest permanent course in the world. That is not a good thing or a bad thing. That was not even the goal. The goal was to have a public course with at least one of the permanent layouts to have a SSA of 72. Some one will put something in harder and that's OK. We just wanted to give something a try.

A par round at Iron Hill is a 960 rated round, a par round at De La is 1000. my .02

A par round at Iron Hill is 1000 rated. Your looking at the other layouts. Even the Silver layout of a Par 61 is 1000 rated. Your just looking at the wrong scores. The Gold Par 72 layout is only played at the A tier and 1 round at King of the Hill.

A par round at Iron Hill is 1000 rated. Your looking at the other layouts. Even the Silver layout of a Par 61 is 1000 rated. Your just looking at the wrong scores. The Gold Par 72 layout is only played at the A tier and 1 round at King of the Hill.

Ah, got ya. I pulled the info from the PDGA results page and showed the round ratings. Looks like a par round under the King of the hill layout is a 998.

Last edited:
I've worked with Steve on a few of those maps... and by worked with I mean provided data. I think some of his images would make pretty cool posters.

I've worked with Steve on a few of those maps... and by worked with I mean provided data. I think some of his images would make pretty cool posters.

Absolutely.... would love to have an updated one to hang in one of our shelters. :hfive: