• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC on Discgolfplanet.tv

Apparently the signal bandwidth from the camera to the wifi so you can have wireless video coverage really knocks down the signal from the HD camera.

Wysocki 19 (June B-day) and Will 20 (May B-day).

Sam Ferrans still youngest World Champ at 16.

Last edited:
That was some great coverage! Gotta give Will some credit on back to back win! I was rooting for Ricky and thought he had it, but 2nd at Worlds and USDGC is impressive! I take it Big Jerm won the distance competition. Anyone know what was the big deal about GG's last throw, was it a mid range?

GG threw a Roc and cleared by about 40-50 feet. The last throw he threw was a big bead Aviar. That's what the big deal was :cool:

Great coverage. It's been raining here this weekend, at least discgolf was on tv to save me. I felt like the quality of production on this broadcast was the best so far!

Keep it up dgp.tv!

Great coverage...I felt like the quality of production on this broadcast was the best so far!

Keep it up dgp.tv!

I agree 100%. Even though the picture is a bit blury, the coverage has improved greatly over the last couple broadcasts. I became a member before Worlds, and am glad I support this awesome effort to bring DG to the entire planet.

I think that the coverage provided by disc planet was amazing. I think that it was just a glimpse of where the sport of disc golf is headed. I just hope that the sport will not loose its values and will stay friendly and welcome new comers.

No offense to Anthon, but I'm not a fan of how he was allowed to wear what he did today... WWE/Tapout looking shirt (couldn't tell exactly), air jordan gym shorts, backwards GA bulldogs hat, and an earring. These guys should be wearing something more professional at this kind of event, IMO.

Look at how MJ was dressed during Worlds. We're lucky these guys wear shirts at all.

^^ I apologize for my comment. I shouldn't judge how people dress, or judge their style.

Josh was a solid performer out there. Saw a clip of the champ and his lead card from the nineties, maybe we should all dress like that? Lol.

Ha, well I do not mean to criticize his choice of attire. Simply saying I didn't think it was appropriate by the PDGA to not address this anywhere in the rules. I thought there were restrictions on the attire of pros at larger events to wear collared shirts at least?

From the PDGA Rules:

D. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA Elite Series/National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:

(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.

(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable.

Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as designated above.

(3) No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.

(4) Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player's shorts shall be tucked in.

(5) No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut "vents" at the shirt collar.

(6) No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol or tobacco.

(7) This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds.

(8) Players who do not make a cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour's dress code.

Last edited:
Ricky's field ace on hole#13 was easily the highlight of the tournament, but I still don't understand how an abomination of course design that is hole#13 is used in a PDGA Major event every year. The clown's mouth (of years past) arguably has more place in our sport than this hole. Maybe now that it's finally being broadcast, people can see what a joke of a hole 888' is, throwing several times over a road & parking lot.

I actually didn't feel bad the one year that the police were conducting exercises there and caused all sorts of problems for the tournament. Served 'em right.

Ricky's field ace on hole#13 was easily the highlight of the tournament, but I still don't understand how an abomination of course design that is hole#13 is used in a PDGA Major event every year. The clown's mouth (of years past) arguably has more place in our sport than this hole. Maybe now that it's finally being broadcast, people can see what a joke of a hole 888' is, throwing several times over a road & parking lot.

I actually didn't feel bad the one year that the police were conducting exercises there and caused all sorts of problems for the tournament. Served 'em right.

Over a road and parking lot THAT'S CLOSED TO TRAFFIC. Is it a good design for an every day course? No. But for the tournament by itself, there's really nothing wrong with it, and it's one of the more unique and challenging holes in all of disc golf.

And there were a couple years, following the police training exercise incident (2003, btw), where they kept the basket on the tee side of the road and never crossed the parking lot at all. It was a much poorer hole overall.

Throwing over a parking lot there is no different than throwing over the lake on hole 5...only you get to retrieve your discs from the OB on hole 13.

Who gives a crap what clothes the players are wearing? Play in something that's comfortable.

Image matters. Plain and simple.

You can disagree with what image you want to convey, but we still judge books by their covers.

(As I did just a few posts ago) :|

I'm of the opinion that judging someone by what they are wearing reveals much more about your character (or lack thereof) than it does the person wearing what you deem inappropriate attire.

I'm of the opinion that judging someone by what they are wearing reveals much more about your character (or lack thereof) than it does the person wearing what you deem inappropriate attire.

In the real world, not the "interwebz", we are all guilty of forming an opinion of someone based on their attire...however small, or fleeting that thought might be.