• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Here is the side view of the 166M that is very workable.

Here is the side view of the one that is very overstable.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of their PLH. Notice the one on the right is marginally higher.

Thank you Kutz! Very useful information and pictures. So now I know I'm looking for a mid 160s, firm, slightly domed, low PLH O-Lace... Now I just need to find some at a tournament or something since I have no shop nearby where I can feel up Vibrams.

Thank you Kutz! Very useful information and pictures. So now I know I'm looking for a mid 160s, firm, slightly domed, low PLH O-Lace... Now I just need to find some at a tournament or something since I have no shop nearby where I can feel up Vibrams.

Complicating your search is the fact that the Lace family are so fast, speed 14... most drivers aren't that fast.

I'd go with a nice light o-Lace 150 class or low 160s o-Lace. It'll beat-in, or you'll decide how to improve your form, so you can throw it. That's my two-cents...

No problem! Glad I could help!

Vibram putters

... are the best available. Softs are amazing for hitting chains, and then staying there.

VP/Sole = great for player (like myself) with biggish sized hands
Ridge/Summit = better for players with smaller hands

Sole for putting. VP/Summit are great for approaching the basket. Ridge is one of the best driving putters available. Great line-up, from Vibram!

Counterintuitively, they filled their putter line-up first, and then added drivers, as their later releases, but putting should always be the emphasis in disc golf. Saves strokes, time and again. That is all, Vibramites.

... are the best available. Softs are amazing for hitting chains, and then staying there.

VP/Sole = great for player (like myself) with biggish sized hands
Ridge/Summit = better for players with smaller hands

Sole for putting. VP/Summit are great for approaching the basket. Ridge is one of the best driving putters available. Great line-up, from Vibram!

Counterintuitively, they filled their putter line-up first, and then added drivers, as their later releases, but putting should always be the emphasis in disc golf. Saves strokes, time and again. That is all, Vibramites.

VP and Summit are amazing approach discs. In my opinion the VP is the best OS putter on the market, it blows my mind that more people don't bag it. I never was a huge fan of the Ridge, I always wished it would have been closer to the Summit on the stability scale than the VP like it is. I really like Soles too but I just prefer Wizards as my putting putters.

Still, an absolutely phenomenal putter line up from Vibram.

VP and Summit are amazing approach discs. In my opinion the VP is the best OS putter on the market, it blows my mind that more people don't bag it. I never was a huge fan of the Ridge, I always wished it would have been closer to the Summit on the stability scale than the VP like it is. I really like Soles too but I just prefer Wizards as my putting putters.

Still, an absolutely phenomenal putter line up from Vibram.

VP really handles the wind. The hyzer approach to the basket is efficient with any disc, but the VP fades so hard into the ground (and it sticks there) that it makes the VP invaluable. My nickname for the VP is "valuable putter."

Summit gives me a little more glide and lift than the Ridge, if I need to carry a hazard, or if I need to fly over the top of a small tree or something.

The Ridge will fly as far as you throw it on a straight-line (with practice), and then it will drop just past the basket (on a good throw). The Ridge really works well in a headwind, where I don't throw the Summit, but I want more glide than the VP. (I'm 97% sure of this, but my first ace will be with a Ridge.)

The Sole gives very nice LSS, whereas it's a little understable at higher speeds, like driving speeds. If there's a little headwind, then I know that the Sole will rise and glide predictably. If there's a little tailwind, then I can throw it a little harder to make it go straight, like a traditional putter should do.

Great line-up, whether you throw one or all-of-them! There's a place in your bag for these putters! My friends bag quite a few Vibrams now and then, so that's great to see!

Just saw on Community Discs the release date of August 1st for the Solace:

http://communitydiscs.com/vibram-solace-pre-order/

One item of interest was they would only be available in Medium and weights from 165-175. Don't know if this is just Community Discs or just what Vibram has produced at this point.
That weight range and Medium-only is what Vibram shared with resellers a few hours ago. Firm will come later and I'm sure the weight range will increase. This isn't uncommon for a new Vibram release.

Thanks for sharing the link James! :clap:

I just picked up a Summit after hearing so much about them. A little more stable than expected, but it holds every line well. Even lower speed turnover approach shots. So far I have been liking it a lot.

10299909_741491175873029_544856639_n.jpg

I just picked up a Summit after hearing so much about them. A little more stable than expected, but it holds every line well. Even lower speed turnover approach shots. So far I have been liking it a lot.

Like it for approaches and driving... has more lift and glide than the Ridge, but it's still fairly accurate and controllable. I like to use a 166 g medium for the extra glide of the lighter weight (I think) and extra durability of the medium. There is still a lot I need to learn how to do with my Summit.

Does anyone know if the Four20 is still legal for use in PDGA events? I heard from someone local that it is not but I don't believe him.

Does anyone know if the Four20 is still legal for use in PDGA events? I heard from someone local that it is not but I don't believe him.

It's PDGA approved so I can't see why it wouldn't be.

On another note, just pre-ordered 2 Solaces from Gotta Go Gotta Throw! Looking forward to getting them at the start of August!

Right nothing changed on the disc from when it was approved. Just discontinued the name.

I am going to wait and try to find a Solace under 165 when they hit the streets. My 170 Four20 is too beefy for my backhand but just right for my forehand. I have some big wind valley shots I really want to BH a lighter one that I think will fit snugly between my o-lace variants.

Right nothing changed on the disc from when it was approved. Just discontinued the name.

I am going to wait and try to find a Solace under 165 when they hit the streets. My 170 Four20 is too beefy for my backhand but just right for my forehand. I have some big wind valley shots I really want to BH a lighter one that I think will fit snugly between my o-lace variants.

Probably just confusion over the name change... I'm sure non-Vibram throwers are thoroughly confused with some of the Vibram names. At the same time though, they are more intuitive than other companies, but I don't know! :p

I'm sure non-Vibram throwers are thoroughly confused with some of the Vibram names. At the same time though, they are more intuitive than other companies, but I don't know! :p

WHat disc was that?

"oh, Lace"

An O-Lace?!

"no like Shoe Lace"

the new SoLace?!

"just LACE"

I didn't know they had an USLace

Latest posts