• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

M/F Maple Hill Soles are the best approach/outside the circle putters in the game (I am stating this as fact rather than opinion). Especially a beat one for US/Anny long putts/approaches. I've made 2 from 70+ feet in my last two rounds. And if they don't hit chains, they stick where they land. And you can pick medium or firm feel in your hand. Voodoos (eventually) replaced them as my putting putters (largely for cost) but nothing will ever replace them for approaches.

Coming into winter I'm wishing my mediums were a bit softer....but not crazy floppy soft like the standard 'soft' discs.

Am I the only one that wishes there was a blend 1/2 way between medium and soft for the winter months?

Coming into winter I'm wishing my mediums were a bit softer....but not crazy floppy soft like the standard 'soft' discs.

Am I the only one that wishes there was a blend 1/2 way between medium and soft for the winter months?

Glow fills this gap quite nicely.

Registration for TD's to sign up for 2015 Birdie Bash events has opened.

As with last year, looks like they are moving forward with improvements on the event. Adding a championship, bonus prizes, etc... (Although I am wish they were not getting rid of the extra disc for $10. That was popular with my event last year).

Are glows currently in production? I have looked a few places online and haven't seen any available.

Are glows currently in production? I have looked a few places online and haven't seen any available.
No...the last two years they do a batch of them in late October and sold them through the Vibram site store. Once that batch is gone, they're gone until next year.

Registration for TD's to sign up for 2015 Birdie Bash events has opened.

As with last year, looks like they are moving forward with improvements on the event. Adding a championship, bonus prizes, etc... (Although I am wish they were not getting rid of the extra disc for $10. That was popular with my event last year).
Agreed. I couldn't make it to last year's event, but the ability to purchase extra discs at competitive prices is always nice. Maybe this is something they could add back?

I didnt get to make last years either so that really does suck IMHO. I can understand not selling it for $10 but why not make it $12 and I'll still buy it.

I didnt get to make last years either so that really does suck IMHO. I can understand not selling it for $10 but why not make it $12 and I'll still buy it.

I don't think the price was the issue. It caused some events confusion as to what discs could be used during the tournament. Thus they have eliminated the option to reduce to potential for confusion.

I don't think the price was the issue. It caused some events confusion as to what discs could be used during the tournament. Thus they have eliminated the option to reduce to potential for confusion.

The TD's probably could have done a better job of problem solving by handing out the extra discs after the tournament.

The third disc was confusing at the events, at the fulfillment, and at the ordering. I've learned and we will be keeping it simple.

What has anyone heard about the new fairway driver that is being mentioned as being available for the 2015 Birdie Bash? Mr Dodge?

What has anyone heard about the new fairway driver that is being mentioned as being available for the 2015 Birdie Bash? Mr Dodge?

Yes, tester will be receiving the disc soon. From what I've heard it will be an understable fairway driver, roughly speed 7. People have compared it to a slower roadrunner