• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

The Onyx is going to be that flippy disc people love for tunnel shots. The Vamp is more understable than my beat in 2ND mold Trak. The Valley is so ridiculously cool now that I stopped trying to throw it like my Ascent and more like a long Ibex. It takes very little effort and now that the firm are out. It's on. Can't wait to get on the course this weekend.

i am soooo late to this thread :(

i grabbed a trak to replace a prodigy f5 that got lost in some thick brush, and this is where my love affair with vibram started (not to mention that i do wear their fivefingers when golfing [another story for later]). I found it didnt hurt my hand on release, had the same flight as the f5 (just not as far in same weights) it was grippy and in the humidity of georgia i could release it without it sticking (like some of my other stuff does)

the Lace is my long distance air ninja, it slices and dices up distance with minimal effort.

i converted a few innova people to Vibram because of the lace and how far and controllable the lace was. yes, i am a fan of the lace and need more weights and hardness of them. maybe i should have made all my DD's vibram and the rest of my bag prodigy and trilogy stuff...

Rubber on

Still patiently/impatiently waiting for glowy goodness.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I may be blowing all my disc money on :popcorn: with all this waiting.:\

i am soooo late to this thread :(

i grabbed a trak to replace a prodigy f5 that got lost in some thick brush, and this is where my love affair with vibram started (not to mention that i do wear their fivefingers when golfing [another story for later]). I found it didnt hurt my hand on release, had the same flight as the f5 (just not as far in same weights) it was grippy and in the humidity of georgia i could release it without it sticking (like some of my other stuff does)

the Lace is my long distance air ninja, it slices and dices up distance with minimal effort.

i converted a few innova people to Vibram because of the lace and how far and controllable the lace was. yes, i am a fan of the lace and need more weights and hardness of them. maybe i should have made all my DD's vibram and the rest of my bag prodigy and trilogy stuff...

Rubber on

Glad to hear it! It's been a long-time since I read someone who's happy posting in the Vibram thread. Usually people come in here and complain... :popcorn:

I am a fellow Vibram-aholic. I have used an all-rubber bag for about two years now, so I know the minutiae of each mold. The Lace was my first Vibram disc, and that's why I fell in love with Vibram. It's made out of rubber, yet it travels farther than plastic. I have 158 medium Lace, which seems to do really well. Another good weight is the mid-160s.

Interested in the Vamp and Onyx... glad to see some releases this winter, because last year was pretty light on releases. I'll probably wait until a birdie bash to buy one, because it's cheaper.

Glad to hear it! It's been a long-time since I read someone who's happy posting in the Vibram thread. Usually people come in here and complain... :popcorn:

I am a fellow Vibram-aholic. I have used an all-rubber bag for about two years now, so I know the minutiae of each mold. The Lace was my first Vibram disc, and that's why I fell in love with Vibram. It's made out of rubber, yet it travels farther than plastic. I have 158 medium Lace, which seems to do really well. Another good weight is the mid-160s.

Interested in the Vamp and Onyx... glad to see some releases this winter, because last year was pretty light on releases. I'll probably wait until a birdie bash to buy one, because it's cheaper.
i need a like button for this post

Recently, I had a bag stolen, so it was a fluke that I got a lightweight VP (168 medium) from my friend's VBB player's pack, but I've used it all summer, and I am happy with it.

The VP has been my main putter for about two years or so. The 168 medium VP seems to be quite a bit straighter than heavier VPs, particularly at the end of its flight, so I find that it's very predictable.

My putting style is spin-putting 95% of the time. What I used to do with heavier VPs (mid-170s firms) was try to give it just enough power to make it to the basket, and then have it fade into chains. This worked incredibly well for a long-time, and it also helped improve my approaches, because if I missed running the basket, then the VP wouldn't be too far from the basket.

Wondering if anyone has tried lighter weights in their putters of choice? Presumably the more stable putters, e.g. Ridge and VP respectively, would have straighter flight characteristics/more glide in lighter weights, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Also, I think Vibram in general gives different flight characteristics in different weights, but I don't know if science can validate that observation.

Me.

I think vibram discs act like any others when weight is considered but I putt with 168-170g kc aviars and before that I used ridges, vp, wizards, etc. I like that extra distance for less effort, especially from the ridge and vp. The kc aviar is king of my putters now though, but I do the same thing for the same reason. Some glide and some overstability combined are a winning team.

I'm waiting for the arrival of a Vamp. I figure once it's here, my fairway driver mix is set. I'll carry an Eclipse until I've worn all of them I have left out. In addition, I'll carry an Arch, a Valley, and a Vamp. I figure those will cover all of my needs in fairway drivers. I'll prolly pick up an Onyx to play with, and that might also win a spot.

Just got a Solace and am very happy happy with it.

Want to get some Vibram glow, if they run any this year...

I'm waiting for the arrival of a Vamp. I figure once it's here, my fairway driver mix is set. I'll carry an Eclipse until I've worn all of them I have left out. In addition, I'll carry an Arch, a Valley, and a Vamp. I figure those will cover all of my needs in fairway drivers. I'll prolly pick up an Onyx to play with, and that might also win a spot.

In an earlier post, I referenced the only infinitediscs review of the Vamp, which he sort of hinted that it was more overstable than he had hoped. unlace has a little fade, but not much... it's going to be hard to wait until next Spring, but that's what I'm thinking I might do...

In an earlier post, I referenced the only infinitediscs review of the Vamp, which he sort of hinted that it was more overstable than he had hoped. unlace has a little fade, but not much... it's going to be hard to wait until next Spring, but that's what I'm thinking I might do...

If he expected it to be as understable as the unLace, I'd have to wonder why. The Onyx is on the way and is supposed to be the really understable model. The Vamp is supposed to be more like a Leopard, it seems, and between the Valley and Onyx. I wouldn't expect that to be wildly understable.

Mine has arrived, though I have yet to throw it, so I can't offer any sort of review as yet.

Submitted my order as soon as i saw it. Snagged a Glow vamp, am pumped to try it out. May call em tomorrow and place another order and se if they'll bundle it up with the first order i did. Thinking about adding an O-Lace and a Ridge.

I play a lot of glow golf and am interest in the vibram glow can someone break down the molds for me? I throw teebirds, fd's, rocs.

Dammit! I was hoping to get past Black Friday before these dropped. Now I have to decide who isn't getting a present this year! :D

Latest posts