• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Mini Legality

Got a can of Kodiak right here. 65.66 mm dia and 23.16mm tall so yes a can of dip would be legal but that opens a whole new can of worm.

I saw a guy use a Pringles lid once.

I think I'd argue in favor of the Vibram minis. Both the Chameleon and Twister are generally round in shape to me. Just because their overall outline has a concave spot here and there doesn't disqualify them unless the standard says so. Both of their outer diameters are within the stated regulation. For example the scalloped edges of the Turbo Putter were legal before they got more specific with the disc rules.

Dude! It's a mini! I'm pretty sure your safe with any Vibram or similar 'mini'!!

Just because it's manufactured by a disc company doesn't make it automatically "legal"? I don't think it's a foolish question to ask with regard to these oddly shaped minis, particularly in light of the revisions to the disc technical standards a few years ago (the Turbo Putt fiasco in particular).

I'm sure the likelihood that anyone would actually make a stink about them in competition is pretty low, but clarification can't hurt.

Latest posts