• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Was this rude of me?

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
OK, so I got a buddy of mine into disc golf this year and after he played a couple of round he wanted to buy this KC Pro Roc he'd been using off of me. It was basically new when he started using it so I sold it to him and he loved it...dude could throw that thing like 275 within a month...and then he lost it in the water at Expo Park in Aurora...and was so pissed we immediately had to find a store that was open so he could buy 2 more Rocs....
So yesterday I get a call from a guy who found the disc on the course...it took me a second to realize this was my friend's disc and he just hadn't marked out my info...so I asked the guy if he wouldn't mind if I had the current owner of the disc call and arrange pickup?
He was fine with that...but should I have just taken care of it myself?? I tried to make arrangments to meet up with the guy over the weekend...btu he started getting into how his wife was pregnant and he was really busy and yadda yadda yadda I didn't really care and told him I'd call the current owner.
My buddy was very excited that his disc was found and took the guys info...still, I kind of feel like a lazy b*stard for not just taking care of it:)

no, you tried, it didn't work so you passed it on to the friend whose disc it was. no foul indeed.

at least you took measures to get it back, I find alot of discs in ponds and stuff, i try to call before giving them away, I've been holding on to some kids disc for a week now waiting for him to mail me a few bucks so i can send it back to him... how long should i have to wait? It gets difficult to arrange meetings and stuff so you better just let your friend deal with it because it is his disc...

Hey the important thing is that your friend got his plastic back!

Now let's go on to some really important questions, like what's up with hole #8, and what is par?

Plus, what happened to all those technicolor avatars??? :D

I guess it depends on how good a friendship you have.
I would have gotten the disc back, then ransomed it back!

Naw, that's not rude. You did more than some folks. Like everyone else says, you tried and it didn't work out. It seems that your friend will take over and, really, he should being the disc is his and his responsibility. Dude, I've been holding onto this kids f-ing Groove for over a month now. I've tried at least 4 times to meet with him at the Cottonwood Creek, but he's in highschool and is always busy. I'll try calling him one more time and if he can't meet, then I'm going to give him the choice to call me back when he may be able to or I'm taking his groove with me when I move to England.

I guess it comes down to this: If a golfer really wants his disc back, he/she will make the effort retrieve it! If not, they can go and buy a new one. It shouldn't be the responsibility of the finder to make all the arrangements.

Maybe I need to be not so nice?

Naw, that's not rude. You did more than some folks. Like everyone else says, you tried and it didn't work out. It seems that your friend will take over and, really, he should being the disc is his and his responsibility. Dude, I've been holding onto this kids f-ing Groove for over a month now. I've tried at least 4 times to meet with him at the Cottonwood Creek, but he's in highschool and is always busy. I'll try calling him one more time and if he can't meet, then I'm going to give him the choice to call me back when he may be able to or I'm taking his groove with me when I move to England.

I guess it comes down to this: If a golfer really wants his disc back, he/she will make the effort retrieve it! If not, they can go and buy a new one. It shouldn't be the responsibility of the finder to make all the arrangements.

No you're fine....and you're dealing with a kid, so you know how that is. I've never had a problem holding onto discs too long for people...I certainly know I've seen tough times where the "few bucks" needed to have your discs shipped might be a couple of meals:)

I'm usually pretty cool about holding onto discs...but I will keep bugging people with a call once every other week or so...it's not as if they take up a ton of room...I think once I held a disc for about 6 weeks before the guy finally sent me a few bucks and his addy...

OK, so I got a buddy of mine into disc golf this year and after he played a couple of round he wanted to buy this KC Pro Roc he'd been using off of me. It was basically new when he started using it so I sold it to him and he loved it...dude could throw that thing like 275 within a month...and then he lost it in the water at Expo Park in Aurora...and was so pissed we immediately had to find a store that was open so he could buy 2 more Rocs....
So yesterday I get a call from a guy who found the disc on the course...it took me a second to realize this was my friend's disc and he just hadn't marked out my info...so I asked the guy if he wouldn't mind if I had the current owner of the disc call and arrange pickup?
He was fine with that...but should I have just taken care of it myself?? I tried to make arrangments to meet up with the guy over the weekend...btu he started getting into how his wife was pregnant and he was really busy and yadda yadda yadda I didn't really care and told him I'd call the current owner.
My buddy was very excited that his disc was found and took the guys info...still, I kind of feel like a lazy b*stard for not just taking care of it:)

nope i don't think it was rude of you because you tried having him meet your friend so he could get it back which didn't end up working out by the looks of it. only other thing i could think of is it may have been less of a hassle to meet the guy your self then get the disc back and surprise your friend with it.

have you tried playing on the weekend?