• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

we need some rain

Its been weird here in west Michigan, the last week it looked like rain every day but we only got about a half hour drizzle once.

It hasn't rained in South Texas for almost three months for one simple reason.

I put down 4 and 1/2 palettes of new grass in my yard three months ago. LOL

My water bills have been in the $220-250 range the last couple of months. Still, with all the watering I've been doing, my yard still has some pretty good brown spots.

But, lo and behold, yesterday afternoon a front moved through very fast and it rained hard for about twenty minutes. People were actually running around dancing in the streets during the rain. It's the first time in a month the temperature didn't crack a 100 degrees.

Woodpecker< still praying to the rain gods

Same thing here Woodpecker...we were dry for 3 weeks, then yesterday the bottom fell out and got a good 20 minute soaking. Yes, it will be humid, but humid with green grass!

half the country is drowning while the other half is in a drought. Yup, nothing wrong with the weather these days lol

We've seen a fair bit of rain in Iowa. It hasn't been too ridiculous, but the course has been pretty soft all year.

we just got the more rain in an hour than we got in two months "dgcr the rain dance for the Internet generation"-Omega SuperSloth

Same thing here in Humble. We got slammed this morning. I don't remember this much rain in a long time. The grass is turning back to green before my eyes.

So far (knock on wood), we've had nice stretches of 2-3 weeks of great sunny weather punctuated by 2-3 days of rain at a time. One of the nicest spring/summer stretches I've seen. Sure hope it holds because playing 18 in the rain yesterday added about 4-5 strokes to my round.

We've seen a fair bit of rain in Iowa. It hasn't been too ridiculous, but the course has been pretty soft all year.

Has the Mississippi flooded yet this year? That's due pretty soon isn't it? How about the annual California statewide brush fires? And the hurricanes in Florida? What gives?

we had wet stuff fall from the sky for the first time in a long time.

it has been extremely dry here... till today.
downpour.

the hurricane season will be chasing us down soon enough... no need to call it out.

Holy crap! It stopped raining!!!

*rubs eyes as he steps out into the light*

Its golfin time!:)

Minnesota has been pretty nice, rain every once in a while, nice green grass, highs at about 80-85 degrees.

Thought it was starting to rain yesterday while I was playing. Then, I realized it was just sweat pouring off of me. Temperature: 105 ! Heat index: 110 !!!!!

First time I've ever had sweat pouring off the brim of my ball cap into my bag when I bent over to pick out a disc.

Woodpecker

Latest posts