• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Welcome to the next generation of DGCourseReview

Couple of question maybe someone can answer.

#1 how do you edit your "other information" on your page.

#2 did we totally loose the "trip log" secion? I really enjoyed that and had every disc golf day I have done in the last 6 years listed.

#3 how can you see "top baggers" That was a cool thing about the older site, I enjoyed trying to move up in states I could reach.

#4 Media, I see I am only behind Tim in the number of photo's I have posted, over 10K so far. I have several courses to upload, but to be honest, I don't bother with UDisc because they are not organized and it looks like DGCR isn't either. This was a very cool thing before.

Last edited:
Couple of question maybe someone can answer.

#1 how do you edit your "other information" on your page.

#2 did we totally loose the "trip log" secion? I really enjoyed that and had every disc golf day I have done in the last 6 years listed.

#3 how can you see "top baggers" That was a cool thing about the older site, I enjoyed trying to move up in states I could reach.

#4 Media, I see I am only behind Tim in the number of photo's I have posted, over 10K so far. I have several courses to upload, but to be honest, I don't bother with UDisc because they are not organized and it looks like DGCR isn't either. This was a very cool thing before.
I believe they said that the top baggers and other member's lists would be back, you just need to give it time.

I don't know about the "Road Trips" section for premium members if that's what you're referring to. I'm curious about that as well.

Where are you seeing the number of photos you've posted? I haven't checked out the Media section yet. Was that even possible on the old version? If it was I never found it.

I'm wondering why I'm not able to see practice areas when the filter has them checked off already. My map on desktop is spot on for my location. It doesn't seem like the filters are working correctly yet. Same on my old ass Android.

I assume there is functionality like editing profile info and editing reviews yet to come. I see problems with the current search feature which I also hope is being worked on. I realize the general search combines courses and forum posts, but why isn't there a dedicated search feature for just finding courses? If I type 'pecan' in the search box atop the page because I remember playing a course called Pecan something then the results come back with all sorts of data, and if a course is listed as a search result then it isn't linkable to click and go directly to that course. This should really be corrected because searching for courses by name is paramount to ease of use for this sight.

I assume there is functionality like editing profile info and editing reviews yet to come. I see problems with the current search feature which I also hope is being worked on. I realize the general search combines courses and forum posts, but why isn't there a dedicated search feature for just finding courses? If I type 'pecan' in the search box atop the page because I remember playing a course called Pecan something then the results come back with all sorts of data, and if a course is listed as a search result then it isn't linkable to click and go directly to that course. This should really be corrected because searching for courses by name is paramount to ease of use for this sight.
The search is there under the filter on the front page. Editing reviews is now live. Profile info is already possible.

Where are you seeing the number of photos you've posted? I haven't checked out the Media section yet. Was that even possible on the old version? If it was I never found it.
Notable Members

Attachments

• Notable members.jpg
    Notable members.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 0
Has "hole of the day" been discontinued?

Has "hole of the day" been discontinued?
Maybe. The last HOD was 7/14/23.
New site went live Sat the 15th.

That forum still exists:

...but, it doesn't look like the new site selects a random pic to grace the "homepage.
A member could use "Random Course" to choose a course at random, then select a hole, and create a new HOD.

But it doesn't look like there a default hole selected on which to base the new thread.

Bottom Line: If the site no longer selects a rando hole, whomever wants to start a new HOD thread must select the hole themselves.

Just two cents, but the home page and course listing pages are quite cluttered.

I like the photos and the layout, but after the photos, the most eye-catching thing is all the course aspects (number of holes, types of baskets, length. Good info, but I'm not sure it should be so prominent. Those things stick out more than the course names or cities.

Otherwise, I'm withholding judgment until (1) bugs are worked out and (2) I get used to it. I'm notoriously resistant to change, so not sure my initial reactions will be my long-term feelings.

Is the search map function now working? I get nothing anymore.

Latest posts