• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Well I had some custom printing done...

tcblank

Bogey Member
Well, this is my first post here. I have been playing the sport for about 2 months now. Big newbie, but I'm an athletic guy who's fairly coordinated so I'm doing alright for now. Anyhow, I started buying as well as finding my own discs. I've got a bunch, but several of them I had some custom print jobs done. Here are a couple of what I had done.

The first one is obviously an Innova Valkyrie.

IMAG0207.jpg

The second is an Innova Coyote.

IMAG0208.jpg

Here are the original images I did up and sent in for the custom printing job.
ValkyrieDisc85inch.png

OrcLumberjackRoundUpdate.png

The turned out great. I also have a few others done with some of the stock photos from the site I had do the custom print work. These are just the images I did up on my own for my discs.

These were dyed from a printer onto the discs. UV printer opens the pores, the dye is injected, and then resealed. Doesn't wipe off, smudge, and is pretty durable. I would link where I had it done, but not sure on the rules around here. So I didn't want to plug a place unless it is kosher to do so. But basically I've done up some pictures on my own on photoshop. Just sent them the image when ordering a new disc. They printed it right on the disc for a price. So far I've been very pleased with the results on opaque discs. The more translucent ones aren't as nice from the few I've had done.

Wow! those are pretty awesome. I've been looking for something like this. I'm not sure about the rules either but can you PM me the contact info for where you had these made?

Custom is good. The power of print to order is vastly underutilized. So many cool things can be made now than ever before.

Personally, I have an aversion to prior full color processes like supercolor, not because of the color management, or the "feel" (which I don't exactly like), but mostly because of the tell tale underside! Blank stark white. Like a fresh pair of court shoes. It just rings from 60 yrds away like a mall kiosk printed white mug - with a backlit photo of a trio of grandkids on a "Grandma's gang" coffee cup. I'm thinking that may just be my taste preferences.

I've like what DD is offering with Dyemax and their openess to printing on colored substrates if you work it out with them.

Design your graphic with a lighter valued color disc in mind, and utilize transparency or image breaks to your advantage. So cool.

These were dyed from a printer onto the discs. UV printer opens the pores, the dye is injected, and then resealed. Doesn't wipe off, smudge, and is pretty durable. I would link where I had it done, but not sure on the rules around here. So I didn't want to plug a place unless it is kosher to do so. But basically I've done up some pictures on my own on photoshop. Just sent them the image when ordering a new disc. They printed it right on the disc for a price. So far I've been very pleased with the results on opaque discs. The more translucent ones aren't as nice from the few I've had done.

UV printing lays down ink on top of the plastic, and the UV lamp cures the ink when it passes behind.

No ink is injected into the plastic.

You can feel the image on the disc when UV printed (2012 USDGC Rocs).

My job includes running a UV printer, and I have printed on numerous discs, and have even sent discs to PDGA for testing, and they were approved.

The dyemax/dynamic dyeing would use a solvent ink which etches or burns the image into the disc.

Well I had them done at discstalker.com

Doesn't affect the flight I can tell. Does affect the feel a bit. If the feel is off, you can do a 5"x5" print instead of a full edge to edge.

It's about $8.50 for full edge to edge printing per disc and cheaper for smaller prints. When you go to make a purchase, just click on the add my own custom image. You'll be able to upload the image you want for them to print. If you do multiple discs you may need to specify in the order special instructions which image you want on which disc. Or you can call them. Great guys every time I've called them.

Well, I decided to have another disc printed up :) I have a flippy stock DX leopard, but my friend REALLY wanted it. So I decided to replace it. Decided to pick up a tournament Underworld as a replacement. A bit different, but I like throwing new things. Plus I had a great design in mind for it. so here is the image I am having printed up on the disc. When it comes in I'll snap a pic of it for posterity sake.

Underworld.png

Latest posts