• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whaa Whaa Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we just disagree Opti. The better courses don't have trees
in the fairways. You can call it poo poo or whatever.

poo was a bit strong.....but yes let's just agree to disagree

So I am guessing you are from Kentucky but don't idolize Idlewild?

What courses do you think should be the future of disc golf.....just curious what courses you prefer and why (not trolling or picking a fight) I want to understand you're train of thought Thanks in Advance

There are plenty of trees in the fairways at Nevin - in Charlotte, NC.

Unless you are referring to another Nevin, you're wrong.

No ox. This time you are incorrect. There are trees lining fairways but only 1 tree in a fairway; in an airway. The only tree in a fairway at Nevin is the Beech on hole 1 long but that was not played for worlds.

Jeez why the H8ll did you guys even involve yourselves in tournament or sport for that matter, that you could possibly B*TCH about so much. Shut up already! So you like different kinds of courses than what were played this year.. Couldnt you have looked through the course directory and seen that they might not fit your game so well? OR possibly maybe just maybe you need to tighten up abit and stop standing out in a field throwing as far as you can! I get that its expensive to play in a tournament such as this and you want to have a good time and "get your moneys worth." But guess what.. You have your health that allows you to play this game! So just do that thank your God or I guess yourselves for waking up this morning and go throw plastic because its fun.. Or did you forget why you actually play?

Complain about people (not) complaining much there, Tpro? I guess you have not read this thread since it is almost completely in agreement with what you say (other than Scooters' off-topic annual rant about payouts). Lazy post there dude.

What courses do you think should be the future of disc golf.....just curious what courses you prefer and why (not trolling or picking a fight) I want to understand you're train of thought Thanks in Advance

Good par 4 holes like Parkway 12/15, Iron Hill 1/3/4/6

The drive is basically unobstructed and allows you to get down the fairway as far as you want but when you try for that extra distance and miss the fairway it makes a birdie much harder. Or you can lay up but then have a much longer upshot.

The upshot is where the trees should be.

It comes down to this: Pros and AMs don't mix and shouldn't be playing the same tees.

Just started a thread on this topic - so we can make Tpro happy and leave this thread to the whiners :)

Great points by the way, discman

No, Ox is correct!

No ox. This time you are incorrect. There are trees lining fairways but only 1 tree in a fairway; in an airway. The only tree in a fairway at Nevin is the Beech on hole 1 long but that was not played for worlds.
Are you talking about trees directly in the center of the 'fairway'. Obstructing your line of sight to the basket? I've played this course & went back & watched my video. Here's what I see:
#5: Tree right in front of the basket
#8: You must go around a thick stand of trees to get to the pin. OK you could say this is two 'fairways'
#9: Thick stump & trees in center of fairway
#16: 1 tree in the middle about 1/2 way down the fairway
#17: Tree near the pin
#18 Telephone poles (& powerlines). OK a telephone pole is not a 'tree' but ask Steve Rico if he thinks its an obstruction
#4: 3 big trees about 1/2 way down the fairway (& one large one laying on its side). :popcorn:

Are you talking about trees directly in the center of the 'fairway'. Obstructing your line of sight to the basket? I've played this course & went back & watched my video. Here's what I see:
#8: You must go around a thick stand of trees to get to the pin. OK you could say this is two 'fairways'
#18 Telephone poles (& powerlines). OK a telephone pole is not a 'tree' but ask Steve Rico if he thinks its an obstruction
#4: 3 big trees about 1/2 way down the fairway (& one large one laying on its side). :popcorn:

I've tried to stay out of this thread, but I can't resist.

Nevin is a fantastic course, with fair lines and fairways. If you hit any of the above trees, it's your fault, not the course's. You should and could have done something better. Maybe the exception is 16.

It's funny how sensitive to this stuff we all are. We all prefer different styles and that's what makes it fun. Ask Bubba Watson how he feels about links golf and i'm pretty sure he'll tell you it's dumb.

Ones by the green still define an airway as you still have to miss them and hopefully will have a short up by then. I could only think of trees in the "fairway" on #4 in my head and you count stumps as trees?

The more I play Nevin the more I agree with the design its not all that tough. I mean the last time I was there I shot a -1 from the worlds layout. I do not enjoy the rounds like I do other courses in town but the course is not unfair by any means

You hear that Mark? They're questioning if you know the course you built.

Haters comin' out of the woodwork. My suggestion: have Avery poll the Am's separate from the Pro's. I guarantee you 90% of the whiners are Pro's.

I meant like the old tree that was in the faiway of #9 that was taken out right before worlds. center cut trees that deflect a nutted shot up the middle. Of the trees you mentioned, most are there to force a line rather than mess up an advancing shot. I see your point on #4 but the intention isnt for someone to push a turnover up the gap 200' its for a skilled upshot and then a tunnel second shot. Following the hole on its intended fairway is rewarded. People pushing D on that hole can be penalized but that is the definition of risk/reward.

Seems like most people liked the courses, the over exaggeration is obvious from some others... Im just bored at work, maybe. I appreciate the discussion and it helps when working with Stan and others to plan the next phase of Charlotte DG...even if he is fishing most of the time.

What WAS included in the players pack at worlds this year that made people complain about it?

251942_327185427375648_1190285458_n.jpg

Discs: Lat 64 Saint, Discraft TI Nuke, Champ Super Stingray, DGA Undertow, mini

Towel, coozie, miscellaneous stickers, vouchers for Worlds and Innova t-shirts (shirts were handed out at player's meeting and FlyMart, respectively), FlashFlight disc light for night golf, s-clip carabiner, mini first-aid kit, bottle opener, various FlyMart and local business coupons, Tournament Program/Caddy Book, Charlotte tourism mag, Fuze drink. Plus the Innova bag it all came in.

Oh, and the Bojangles gift card that had from $1 (nearly all of them) up to $100 in value on it -- had to take it in to a Bojangles to find out how much. Most folks' were worth the $1, but I heard a few folks say theirs were worth $5, $10, and in one case $20.

Last edited:
Seems like most people liked the courses, the over exaggeration is obvious from some others... Im just bored at work, maybe. I appreciate the discussion and it helps when working with Stan and others to plan the next phase of Charlotte DG...even if he is fishing most of the time.

Isn't kind of funny too that a lot of locals don't like eastway cause it's to "open"?

Can't win em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts