• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the biggest Disc Golf College towns?

Lexington and Louisville Kentucky. Maybe more so Lexington since its smaller and almost everything is UK UK UK. :sick:
UK had a College Disc Golf Team up until maybe last year, dunno if "The Ville" has one.

UofL does not have one yet but it is in the works.

College Station, TX has at least a half a dozen courses...true college town.

No town can beat Ames.

hmmmm

119687_g.jpg

119688_g.jpg

ill second that!!!
you have 3 courses basically (Stable Run has 2 perm baskets per hole so its like 2 courses ;)) right on campus and a numerous amount within a 30min drive.

theres also U of Minnesota. If you have a car you have some of the best DG in the world all around you. the campus is a blast to party with and there are numerous fine young ladies all around!

both tho sux in the Winter! i mean really sux!

im in Clemson, the university has a great team... and a ton of courses within an hour drive.. i just cant stand the course thats on campus.. just lots of wide open shots.. first 4 or 5 hols are aight tho

How about Worcester, MA? It definitely can be considered a college town (WPI and Holy Cross among others). There is one course in the city limits and a number of others in the metro area (including Maple Hill and Pyramids), and a very strong community of disc golfers.

Illinois State in Bloomington/Normal area has a pretty big following. It would still be a decent city without the college though. They sell discs at the bookstore and have 3 or 4 decent courses from I hear.

I currently go to Illinois in Champaign and its a great college town, but the disc golf following is minimal. We are starting up a club this year and hoping to qualify for Collegiate nationals, the interest is there, but there is only one course within 30 miles, and its a pitch and putt. I do know that the local community and the University DG club are trying to push to get a few more courses in the ground. So, maybe someday.

Ahhh ****

you play with bennett a good bit right? we need to get up sometime and sling them around.. i play seneca and walhalla all the time but get out to timmons and century park some sundays.. im also looking for a partner for the sc doubles if you know anyone wanting to play INT:thmbup:

St. Cloud, MN has over 150 holes within 15 miles of St. Cloud State University, including a very nice course right across the Mississippi River. Their courses include Riverside (4.03 rated), Calvary (3.58), Millstream (3.5), Northside (3.5) and the highest rated local course, Hidden Lake (4.25).

I'm going to go for Humboldt State (Arcata CA).
When school is out, the town is practically dead. And, there are a lot of disc golfers there! (or at least a lot of hippies throwing frisbees).
DSCJNKY