• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What brings you to a disc golf league?

What brings you out to a disc golf league

• I love disc golf.

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • I love the disc golf course the league is played on.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • To support a League Director

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Relaxed atmosphere

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Friendly competition

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Ace Pools

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Funny Money

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Season long title and inherent bragging rights

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
What attracts you to a disc golf league? Is it the chance to win some funny money? Is it the friendly competition? Is it the slightly more relaxed atmosphere? Is it the chance to win a trophyat the end of a season long league? Is it the specific league director? Do you just love a specific course? Or is it any combination of these things or anything else not mentioned? Vote for as many as you want.

I would have also voted for PDGA rated league rounds.

ahhh good one . . . I should have included that. I did it on facebook too, so I wil add it over there.

I do it because I enjoy playing with friends. Also, the course(s) can have a lot to do with it. Mainly the league I usually play in is on courses that I'm attached to from work days, hours spent playing there, and design work. But mainly, it's a chance to play with good friends that I don't get much anymore.

I am very competitive. This is a step above a casual round with friends even if you're keeping score. I would say that is the main reason. The leagues I have played in are small buy in so it's not for the possible winnings.

The oppurtunity to learn from better players such as pros heck these days they dont even have to be pros there is alot of youngsters out there that are making a statement.

Leagues around here are too expensive. I just stick with a group of friends that get together weekly at different courses.

Looking at a few other clubs websites - it looks like there are all kinds of cool things clubs do. I cannot get an e-mail back from the club president here.

Straight Cash Homie and yeah my friends are pretty cool too!

Some things that weren't in your poll that matter to me are turnout and format.

I believe as a player, my game has gotten better playing leagues. I've seen people around me get MUCH better by playing leagues. Plus, I agreed with all the choices above.

I started women's leagues to try and bring more ladies to minis. Just designate a mini once a month and crash it. Guaranteed women's division.

One aspect is a chance to meet and play with different people, not the same folks I regularly play with. A lot of local disc golf friends, we only actually play together when we draw the same group at league play.

For a new or new-to-the-area player, is a great way to meet and get connected with the rest of the local disc golf scene.

One aspect is a chance to meet and play with different people, not the same folks I regularly play with. A lot of local disc golf friends, we only actually play together when we draw the same group at league play.

For a new or new-to-the-area player, is a great way to meet and get connected with the rest of the local disc golf scene.

This.

I got the DG bug and none of my friends did.... I had to get new friends. :)

That got me started in leagues, trying to find new people to play with. Now there are dozens of reasons I keep going back and then start running one this year.
We post unofficial round ratings. I think non-PDGA people really like seeing how they compare.

Friendly competition. A full blown tourney is unfriendly competition, sometimes, which ruins my day. The lower stakes help keep people from wigging out (myself included).

Latest posts