• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

I'll chime in here with a couple that I think should make the list as well.

Flip City, Shelby Mi (Absoultely gorgeous)
Fountain Hills, Phoneix(Scottsdale), Az

Fountain Hills is such a pretty park to play disc golf in, minus the 300' fountain that propels the goose poop soup everywhere.

pacific northwest is the greenest place i've ever been...

OR & WA are high on my list of places I want to go...not just for DG. If fact DG would be an afterthought/sidenote on any trip I would take to that area. I think of that as the NW....almost exclusively due to the different feel of things there (that I have gotten from pictures, movies, etc).

By "West", I was meaning WY, NV, UT, CO, AZ (sort of) and CA (north is nice, most of it rather sparse and rocky)

When I think scenic and beautiful, I think about sweeping views of uninterupted natural terrain, full of up and down elevation, and views through or above trees. Those trees are what the course dives into and out of, between ripping off ridges into and across valleys below - making the course design also beautiful. I like lots of neat terrain incorporated as well - rock formations, gnarly trees, sharp elevation around washouts and erosional areas of the landscape, and ponds/lakes/creeks.

Highbridge has that type of amazing beauty - showcased best on Blueberry and Gold.

Aspen Mountain had some amazing views and unique terrain/hole design.

UNC Durham is on a beautiful property, but in the city and on a campus.

Winter Park really is beautiful, yes I am biased.

As far as courses I have NOT played, Lake Casitas, Ashe County, Milo, and probably 90% of my wishlist fit the bill of beautiful and scenic. We are blessed to have so many amazing courses and people who incorporate courses into amazing properties!

I am suprised that no one has mentioned Diamond X. When it comes to epic I am not sure anything else comes close. In the post a cool picture thread cbswinding???? posted some amazing pictures of both Diamond X and Makoshika that made me immediately start planning my next vacation to Montana.

OR & WA are high on my list of places I want to go...not just for DG. If fact DG would be an afterthought/sidenote on any trip I would take to that area. I think of that as the NW....almost exclusively due to the different feel of things there (that I have gotten from pictures, movies, etc).

By "West", I was meaning WY, NV, UT, CO, AZ (sort of) and CA (north is nice, most of it rather sparse and rocky)

i'm totally with you on the desert... if i lived in the desert i wouldn't even play dg...

Grand Ledge, Michigan

Heard they are filming the new Red Dawn Remake at this location...Or did already.

Falling Creek in Bedford, Va. is probably the best looking and best manicured course I've played.
The course at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va. has some of the best scenery while playing the back 9.

I am suprised that no one has mentioned Diamond X. When it comes to epic I am not sure anything else comes close. In the post a cool picture thread cbswinding???? posted some amazing pictures of both Diamond X and Makoshika that made me immediately start planning my next vacation to Montana.

I have played Diamond X, and sure, I guess it is scenic and all, but I guess I don't find that kind of terrain 'beautiful.' The challenge associated with that course, along with the 100 degree temps and no shade one of the times I played, made this for-sure a destination, but not one of scenic beauty. It is mostly brown, and I am a 'trees and water' kind of guy.

The other reason I didn't mention Diamond X as far as beauty goes, is its local competition. A short drive over to Bozeman takes you to the course I previously showcased here, as well as
course.php
in Big Sky, also freakin gorgeous. I didn't mention that course because I found the majority of the back half to be kind of messy, densely wooded, and not that pretty. I'll show a few pictures in a second.

So yeah. Montana is a BEAUTIFUL state, and Diamond X is in a part of the state that is just not all that pretty. Sure, if you like the desert and large boulders it will be your wet dream, but I tend to look for more lush scenes when beauty is concerned.

BIGHORN RIDGE:
eab50629.jpg

263ab8a9.jpg

00bc4ec3.jpg

48b4f7f6.jpg

Now, compared to the REST of the nation, Diamond X might be a scenic front runner! I'll post a few pictures from the site just to make the thread more complete:
f82fb777.jpg

85e382da.jpg

1bee24ad.jpg

And, just because I like showing it off, a 'proof' picture of my buddy birdieing their 725' downhill hole 18:
picture.php

(The tee is at the top of those rocks in the background)

Last edited:
I haven't been many places, but cranbury park in norwalk, connecticut and shore acres in saugatuck, mi are my top two.

We're in a prolonged drought down here in Texas. It's not going to get very pretty until we get some rain...

Do a rain dance for us.

As I mentioned earlier, I think Chattooga Belle Farm is the prettiest course in my area. The cover photo on the Innova 2011 Calendar is from Chattooga Belle Farm. These other pictures give you an idea of some of the other great views the course offers...not to mention the apples, blueberries, blackberries, peaches and nectarines that grow on the course.

Most of the fruit on the course you'll need to pay for...but the apple trees along holes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are free for the picking when playing and the raspberries and blackberries on holes 12 & 13 are free for the picking.:thmbup:

All the fruit you'll find on holes 1, 16, 17 and 18 are part of the U-Pick operation and you'll be asked to pay for that fruit.

You'll find sweet, tart and sour apples on the course. They're in prime picking season from late July to early October.

Attachments

• #8 CBF.jpg
    #8 CBF.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 30
  • #12 CBF.jpg
    #12 CBF.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_6595.jpg
    100_6595.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 32
Beaver Ranch, i dont know if its been mentioned, its at the top of my list in regards of beauty. Water works in KC is gorgeous also with the skyline over the river...:clap: