• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

This s hole in owatona mn. As far as the course goes, it was awful. But visually terrific.

no particular order...Flip City, Coyote Point, Warwick, Waterworks, Sabattus, LaMirada (palm tees and cut grass) and Burchfield/Devil's Den (for it's maintenance).

Waterworks was the most over rated crap course I have spent my time at.

Put the basket in on hole 8 today on the private course I'm building. Here's the view from the tee looking down towards the basket, and the view from basket level - is supposed to be a Veteran basket, but somehow ended up with the patriot, we're working on figuring that one out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hole8.jpg
    Hole8.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Hole8-2.jpg
    Hole8-2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 360
Thanks for posting! Such a spectacular view ... completely ruined by a cheap basket. :p
What body of water's in the background?

Thanks! The other pix look beyond promising as well. Love this shot, with Aspen... looks like an absolutely phenomenal setting for a course.

This place is insane - we're just getting into some of the fun holes, though we're pretty much done with hole development for this year, we'll be refining the current holes, building up tee pads, adding benches, retaining walls, tee signs, etc. 12 holes currently playable - with a few additional safari holes that I like to play sometimes for a 15 hole loop. All holes are short and fun, nothing over the top challenging but several unique holes that will stand out and you will remember for the rest of your life, and there is the possibility of the 200 foot rollaway that could turn a birdie putt into a snowman - I haven't quite seen that one happen yet, but I can imagine it, I have seen a couple fall off the top there where hole 8 is pictured above, lazy people usually quit the hole at that point... I figure maybe I'll give a drop zone death putt with a penalty for those lazy bastards. But I'm kind of a purist when it comes to that, go down there and get your frisbee and finish the damn hole!

Bear Tree Cabin aka Blackjack. Hole 14 is heavenly.

It's more than just hole 14. I feel like there are at least 7 true signature holes there.

A round at Sugaree in the morning, followed by a round at black jack in the afternoon, is simply unforgettable. Nothing makes me happier.

Last edited:
For me, the most scenic has been Peak One disc golf course in Frisco, Colorado. I'm sorry to see that the photos on DGCR don't do the course justice, but photos usually don't.

For me, while it may not be as scenic as some already listed but I have to say there isn't much that compares to standing at the #18 basket at Avalanche Preserve in Boyne City, MI. The view of Lake Charlevoix is breath taking. And while the DG experience wasn't that great, Mills Park in Gatlinburg, TN was pretty dang amazing for a flat-lander like myself.

For me, the most scenic has been Peak One disc golf course in Frisco, Colorado. I'm sorry to see that the photos on DGCR don't do the course justice, but photos usually don't.

When did you play it? I know that 10 to 15 years ago the beetle kill wiped out about 80% of the trees on that course. There are still the epic mountain views, the beetles can't kill that.

When did you play it? I know that 10 to 15 years ago the beetle kill wiped out about 80% of the trees on that course. There are still the epic mountain views, the beetles can't kill that.

I was there in August of 2015. Many of the trees were rather small, and there were a couple of holes that looked a little like a Christmas tree farm, but the epic mountain and lakeside views are what struck a chord.

Picnic Island hole 1

picture.php

picture.php

Practice basket at "The Jet Stream" It only gets better after that

picture.php

Put the basket in on hole 8 today on the private course I'm building. Here's the view from the tee looking down towards the basket, and the view from basket level - is supposed to be a Veteran basket, but somehow ended up with the patriot, we're working on figuring that one out.

attachment.php

Now we have the veteran in place.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8vet.jpg
    8vet.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 169

Latest posts