• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it have patent numbers?

It does not have patent numbers.

Additional info: Blue and white swirls on both sides, 8-9/10, has a couple of nicks on the rim and light scratches.

Since you mentioned it, I also have a Katana, X-Out Vulcan, and bottom stamped Wraith sans patent numbers, all Star plastic and around 8-9/10. They aren't anything special to look at like the Destroyer, but would they also have any extra value? Thanks!

Some people like those newer run bottom stamp Destroyers, but with no patent numbers it's not going to bring a premium.

The expensive S/DS Destroyers are old stock with patent numbers.

The others you mentioned are current stock.

I have a bottom stamped Destroyer that has "S/DS" written instead of having the star drawn. Does that make it any more valuable or does it mean someone couldn't draw a decent star?

This. There was a thread about it years ago, Dave had one guy that couldn't draw stars very well, so he just had him write S-DS instead.

Does it have an 11x stamp with the x-out over it?

Or just F2 with patent numbers?

It just has the F2 w/pat#. I got it from innova "found" that box of old firebirds and put them up on the factory store. And I've had quite a few 11x, and this is definitely an 11x.

I have a bottom stamped Destroyer that has "S/DS" written instead of having the star drawn. Does that make it any more valuable or does it mean someone couldn't draw a decent star?

From the 2011 SDS thread;

Look at innovas abbreviation page. I have all sorts of discs with an s instead of *. I emailed dave and he told me one of their workers makes ****ty looking *s, so he told him to write an "s" instead. Also I have tbirds, t rexes, leopards, and xcals labled with an "s".

It just has the F2 w/pat#. I got it from innova "found" that box of old firebirds and put them up on the factory store. And I've had quite a few 11x, and this is definitely an 11x.

Right on, I would still look to sell it in a market with knowledgeable buyers.

I would imagine $50 plus though.

Is it one of the opaque runs?

Those are my favorite 11x FB's.

Right on, I would still look to sell it in a market with knowledgeable buyers.

I would imagine $50 plus though.

Is it one of the opaque runs?

Those are my favorite 11x FB's.

It is VERY opaque around the middle of the flight plate

Appears to be a Star San Marino Aviar

Assuming it is, I sell them for 15 dollars. If it is DX I just unloaded a 2001 tournament stamped used disc for 10.

Got this from my brother like a decade ago and somebody told me it was worth something. It's an old Aviar Driver with triple bead on the bottom. Curious what it's worth. Also does anyone in Portland want it?

The Breeze is worth a bit, the rest not so much.

I sold 3 Breezes this month, one for 33, one for 30 and one for 22. Yours is in better condition. I would expect at least 33 depending on where you list it. The Wasp are from around 2004 or so. I have one in black from that time, a tournament stamp as yours are and I have never been able to sell it, was asking 10. You might see more on the Wasps but I don't feel they would out pace the Breeze. Black disc always surprise me, some guys really like them. The Viper is interesting, if it is new, might see 10-12. The market for used DX is pretty soft. The rest appear to be throwers.

Noob here, I just bought a basket, bags and bunch of discs locally and some of them are pretty old and basically new (except sharks and teebird). Just curious if any are rare and I shouldn't be chucking them into trees and buildings before I know better.

Big Bird Roc3

I believe these are first runs. The red one has been thrown and few times and has some ink on it. The rainbow stamp has been in a plastic bag. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6658.jpg
    IMG_6658.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6657.jpg
    IMG_6657.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 35
Checking interest in this beautiful Gale

Vaughn memorial July 19 2009 destroyer. It is custom dyed with the luxury tax monopoly man. I don't have much info on it but it is glow and I'm giving it an 8.5/10. Bought an extra bubble mailer so why not use it for the holidays

Checking interest in this beautiful Gale

Vaughn memorial July 19 2009 destroyer. It is custom dyed with the luxury tax monopoly man. I don't have much info on it but it is glow and I'm giving it an 8.5/10. Bought an extra bubble mailer so why not use it for the holidays

18-20ish. Maybe a few more bucks if the dye isn't all washed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts