• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your current internet distance?

What is your standard fake distance?

• 350'-399' (noodle arm)

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • 400' (classically conservative)

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • 401'-425' (just started working on my form)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 426'-450' (starting to see some real results)

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • 451'-499' (working on crushing the can and elbow chop)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • 500'+ (check out my carefully edited youtube vid)

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
Funny top thread... Havent played in seriously manny months b4 a couple a weeks ago and could rip a putter like i never left the game! Drivers? Eek. Still could mash them slow bitches tho. 300ish
( in snow and ice etc)

I chose 350-399'. And yes, that is currently internet distance.

I've been throwing from a standstill for the last 8 months. I hurt my knee once at the end of 2018 and again early in 2019. So no run up or even x-step.

I used to be able to throw 350' on a strong throw and maybe up to about 370' at my absolute best. Now I'm glad to have worked back up to right at 300' or so.... laser measured. :)

I have seen 500' a couple times.... with tremendous throws for me and ridiculous elevation to help! :D

You poll is missing a few options IMO - starting at 350' is distanceist' and shows your inability to understand how diversity and inclusion are more important. Add to that - you do not grasp how the patriarchy and institutionally discriminatory structures have kept many of us from reaching your colonialist favored distances.

You poll is missing a few options IMO - starting at 350' is distanceist' and shows your inability to understand how diversity and inclusion are more important. Add to that - you do not grasp how the patriarchy and institutionally discriminatory structures have kept many of us from reaching your colonialist favored distances.

WRONG, don't you know that PP claims to throw 450'?? And yet somehow she maxes out at 980 rating which is what AM1 players are ranked?? Methinks the ladies can lie about their distance just as well as the boys...

WRONG, don't you know that PP claims to throw 450'?? And yet somehow she maxes out at 980 rating which is what AM1 players are ranked?? Methinks the ladies can lie about their distance just as well as the boys...

Uhh she's thrown 450 in a distance competition... It's on record bud.

I once had a "big arm" and was throwing 500-525' with a lack in consistency, but ended up having rotator cuff surgery and lost 150' in distance. My best friend thought I was lying when I went to visit and he could easily drive 50-75' past me. I now do not worry about the big drives as 400' with consistency creates lower average scores for me. It is funny to read internet trolls talk about throwing 500' with ease though as it is not easy to do whatsoever.

Do not bother me with stats and facts - I just wanted to see what posting some SJW nonsense feels like - to string a bunch of words together that basically say nothing.

I wanted to wear the "Snowflake" outfit for a moment. - do not ruin it for me.

Also, did you take my post seriously?

Do not bother me with stats and facts - I just wanted to see what posting some SJW nonsense feels like - to string a bunch of words together that basically say nothing.

I wanted to wear the "Snowflake" outfit for a moment. - do not ruin it for me.

Also, did you take my post seriously?

Did you take MY post seriously?? She literally just threw 450' at worlds :)

Although it is a little suspect that she can only hold a 980 rating throwing that far... Pretty pedestrian game outside of distance...

Although it is a little suspect that she can only hold a 980 rating throwing that far... Pretty pedestrian game outside of distance...

I think her rating is there because of two reasons...

1. She is an aggressive player and I believe is the highest "out of bounds" player last year, FPO or MPO!

2. She is the highest rate FPO ever. Who can she beat to earn more rating points?

I don't do inflated internet distance. As such a really good drive for me is in the 300-350 range. Although I did park 474' hole 18 (way downhill) at Elver in Madison, WI when I was visiting my Sussex buddy in August. I just don't count that because it was the hill not my ability that got that distance.

On a clear, wind free day, I have hit the outfield fence, marked 305, from the batters box at the local softball field with a Z Comet.

A Comet is a speed 4 and I can throw a speed 5 at least 15 feet farther. There are 10 more speeds above a Comet, so 10 * 15 is 150 feet past the Comets 305. That makes my power 455 feet on flat ground on a clear calm day, right?

;)

This children is why inductive logic is so dangerous unless one knows the domain very well.

I think her rating is there because of two reasons...

1. She is an aggressive player and I believe is the highest "out of bounds" player last year, FPO or MPO!

2. She is the highest rate FPO ever. Who can she beat to earn more rating points?

The women struggle inside the circle far more than a casual observer would think that they should. When you analyze the men's stats you also see something interesting - for the most part, the biggest arms are also the best putters. Yes, there are a few outliers like Matt Dollar and MJ who are among the top putters despite not having elite level distance, but for the most part, consistently year after year it's Paul, Eagle, Simon, Ricky who have been among the best C1 putters on tour.

That tells me that the same strength and power attributes that it takes to throw really, really far have a lot of crossover into the same attributes that it takes to hit C1 putts. Which also explains why the ladies do struggle at C1 putting despite it being < 33 feet. I even see this play out locally at our putting leagues, in that the bigger arms, for the most part are also the best putters. Again there are a few outliers as always, but exceptions make the rule, that's how a bell curve works.

This can also explain why someone like Paige has failed to hit 4 digits in the ratings department (so far). I would speculate that it is a matter of having a higher % of C1 putts drop. This might be difficult given her physical size and strength. If size/strength is a seperator on the men's side in terms of C1 % hit, obviously it is a detriment on the entire women's side.

The good news for the women is that they all compete against each other so their physical size/strength limitations are all relative and for the most part on equal ground.

Latest posts