• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your longest/ farthest flying disc as of March 2015?

Farthest/Longest Disc for you?

• Archon

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Boss

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 64 16.4%
  • Eagle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flow

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Force

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Havoc

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Katana

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • King

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Orc

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • SL

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Teebird

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Vulcan

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Wraith

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 175 44.8%

• Total voters
I have a max weight Icon Rampage that's beat into about Katana status. I'm holding on to it until I can get my 168g Icon Outlaw beat in to that sort of stability.

I'm throwing a broken in echo star destroyer right now for my max D shots. Hitting 475 feet max. Almost in the 500 club, but I know it will come with more time.

For you Tern voters, have you guys thrown all the different plastics? How would your distance differ from champ to star to gstar?

For you Tern voters, have you guys thrown all the different plastics? How would your distance differ from champ to star to gstar?

Star is going to be the longest simply because I throw it downwind. My G* is not really breaking in like I hoped, so it's about the same as my current Champ. The first champ I had(lost it) was the most stable champ I've thrown and was actually a good into the wind disc.

and I guess i'll answer my own thread too...

Headwind: BC destroyer 150g on a hyzer flip
Tailwind: Neutron Inertia 170g (turns over like crazy in headwinds, even on a hyzerflip)

I'm going to try a VIP Sorcerer, BC Wraith, and a G* Tern this week.

Currently D3 Air. Glide for days and I can usually hit 350+ with it.

From the ones on your list, Teebird that can usually hit 325-350

I don't throw Terns anymore, but my Star always flew farther but was a little squirrelier.

This. At some point in the power range, the Champ I think will become more dependable for on-course max D shots.

At this point for me, I either need to throw the Star really tall, or else roll it. The Champ is handier for more of the lower max D sort of lines...I'm thinking, like, tighter S lines that can't get sky high, etc.

So would you guys say this graphic is about correct? Most max D throws are in the 350 range and those who break 400-500 is in the minority??

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 74
So would you guys say this graphic is about correct? Most max D throws are in the 350 range and those who break 400-500 is in the minority??

That's not too bad, IMHO...:thmbup:

But I would say those numbers hold true for 'consistent' players. Those kinds of distances seem to correlate well to tourney caliber players and those who participate in weekly play of some kind. Even the 'dedicated casual' players would fit, I'd think.

What I'm saying here is that we are always overlooking the 50-80% of folks who get out every blue moon and enjoy disc golf on an extremely casual basis. If they were all lumped in, the bell curve peak might be closer to 200' :eek:

What I'm saying here is that we are always overlooking the 50-80% of folks who get out every blue moon and enjoy disc golf on an extremely casual basis. If they were all lumped in, the bell curve peak might be closer to 200' :eek:

I would agree too. For example, I just started playing in about Oct 2014, but I have played every sunday since and have only missed maybe 2 weeks. Lately I have been playing twice a week and putting during my lunch hour about 2 times a week.

My average thrown on flat ground (a football field) for max D is about 290' with farthest being about 315'.

I hit ~508' (according to google maps) on a down hill hole, ~light tailwind with my Inertia.
(Blue Valley Park, Kansas City, MO, Hole 7)

Well.....though it is not true for all.....I "sometimes" use the internet distance formula below when reading forums where most folks throw 400-450 feet.

Actual Distance + 100 Feet = Internet distance

I've been finding lately too that the King seems to find an extra gear sometimes that my other discs don't have. But I can't make it find that gear with every throw it's sort of a crap shoot.

I've been finding lately too that the King seems to find an extra gear sometimes that my other discs don't have. But I can't make it find that gear with every throw it's sort of a crap shoot.

Yep, I found that out with my TP Kings. I have virtually no control over them, but on the field, they are a blast to throw. On maybe 1 out of 10 throws, they elevate late and keep going.