• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Putter Do You Use?

Soft Challenger for a couple years, but I recently got a Innova Pro Pig and I'm kind of liking the feel of it.

Which brings me another question that I have asked before...

Do pro players like Ken C., Dave F., Nate D, Elaine K., Val J., etc. uses the same kind of putters every year or do they throw spanking brand new putters all the time? Because I was wondering if I should replace old discs or something...

Anyone know?? ThreePutt? Anyone who follows or knows Kenny's success...? :confused:

Ron Russell in this video uses 2 magnets that are many of years old. Apparently he's good, I don't follow these things. Side note, Mark Ellis's voice annoys the crap out of me.

Do pro players like Ken C., Dave F., Nate D, Elaine K., Val J., etc. uses the same kind of putters every year or do they throw spanking brand new putters all the time? Because I was wondering if I should replace old discs or something...

Anyone know?? ThreePutt? Anyone who follows or knows Kenny's success...? :confused:
All the local pros here use really beat in putters. Years of beatings. Unrecognizable discs. Mine is getting there. I swear it has finger inmprints starting to set into the plastic.

I use the JK Pro Aviar-x because I like the grip and it is definitely a straight shooter. I also use a pro rhyno because it is overstable and it flys really predictably in the wind. Also because it is soft and I dig the thumbtrak

I use the JK Pro Aviar-x because I like the grip and it is definitely a straight shooter. I also use a pro rhyno because it is overstable and it flys really predictably in the wind. Also because it is soft and I dig the thumbtrak

How do you feel about the Star Wraith? I'm thinking about seeing if timg will let me change my username to championboss175.:D

Recently I've seen Feldberg put with a white Aviar, but for a long time the only putter I saw him use was this black Aviar that he said he won at the first tournament he played in. Most of the better players I'm aware of have old putters. Not sure about Climo, that would be interesting to know.

I use two putters...the Aviar (169g) and a Discraft Soft Banger GT (171g).
The Banger has a reliable glide for me and can hold it's own in the wind. The aviar is used primarily for my close in (20 ft or closer) straight line shots.

Main putter is a 170g Aviar P&A that is really beat in. I also have an Omega SS that is 146g. I use this for jump putts and uphill putting when there is no wind. I have been thinking about switching to Gateway putters but havn't made the move yet because I'm pretty confident with my current setup.

So how many of you prefer hard plastic or soft plastic for your putters? Or do you carry a soft and hard putter?

So how many of you prefer hard plastic or soft plastic for your putters? Or do you carry a soft and hard putter?

i use the soft magnet and hard magnet. i like the hard magnet for how it feels in my hand with the stiffer plastic, and i keep the soft magnet for rainy, wet conditions. the hard magnet will not stay in if the chains are wet. i learned this the hard way in a tournament last week. also the soft magnet because it is a little more beat in. also for some reason the soft magnet is more consistent. i think i have more confidence with this putter and thats why its more consistent

i also found out that magnets fly mainly the same even though they are beat in, i like that about a disc

also for windy or hyzer putts i use an esp banger or a new roc, depending on the distance

Last edited:

Latest posts