• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What Should I Buy?

mndiscg

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Hello All,

I have some money.

I don't 'need' any discs.

What should I buy? Any recommendations are welcome.

My bag includes
GL Halo
Glo Champ Firebird
Champ Monarch
Opto River
Z Buzzz SS
Cryztal Buzzz
Champ Gator
Yeti Aviar
Star Aviar

And I have a lot more plastic that I use here and there.

I have an Opto Halo that I recently started trying out and I am loving it quite a bit. I would say to check one of them out. Have you ever thrown a Drone? That is an absolutely amazing overstable mid that I just can't get enough of.

Your only glaring hole would be a stable-overstable control driver. Something along the lines of Teebird, Eagle, Striker, Saint, OLF, Viking, etc.

Crystal Z Challenger.

I've been looking at the Striker and Saint at my local store mostly because I like the looks of Lat. Maybe I will get one of those. Still looking for more suggestions.

teebird for sure, you gotta have at least one, then like BrotherD said those other discs are the way to go

How about a Comet? Have you had the pleasure of throwing one before?

I've been looking at the Striker and Saint at my local store mostly because I like the looks of Lat. Maybe I will get one of those. Still looking for more suggestions.

Saint, all the way. If you don't like it, it'll sell quick on the MP.

I have a teebird. I have thought about the comet. I'll have to find the cash for the comet and saint!

go with a gold line saint and thank me later!!!! For realz that disc is just stoooooopid!! Glide for days easy to hyzer flip. And right before you throw you can offer a prayer to it. sorry if i offend someone with that last statement. like one mile said if you dont like it it will be snagged up fast in the mp. most likely be yours truly! :)

I'll add another vote for the comet, I recently got one in elite x plastic, and I'm loving it! It's a very versatile disc, and it keeps your form true.

go with a gold line saint and thank me later!!!! For realz that disc is just stoooooopid!! Glide for days easy to hyzer flip. And right before you throw you can offer a prayer to it. sorry if i offend someone with that last statement. like one mile said if you dont like it it will be snagged up fast in the mp. most likely be yours truly! :)

Absolutely

he said "need" implying like most of us who needs more but we want it!!!!!!

I would second a basket, best disc golf investment ever in my book. It will improve your game way better than any disc.

oh yeah grab a pure while you are at it. It is magical!!!

Discraft Comet - Great for cleaning up release issues.I play Comet rounds all the time.

Discraft Cyclone - Been using one of these as of late and It's a nice stable disc.Very easy to control.

Discraft Zone - Get one you'll thank me later.Crazy overstable putter,but insanely easy to put it where you want.Comes in handy when your regular putters can't handle that extreme wind.

Innova Valkyrie - Been a staple for my many bags for years.Get a Heavy one and a Light one.You'll be glad you did.