• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What single disc can replace a River and Leopard?

I throw Recycled River to Star Teebird to star Leopard. If you want the something to do the work of all three, I would go lightweight Teebird.

Get a P-PD, beat it in aplenty and you have your River replacement plus 1 less mold. If you still need something shorter, in the Leopard range, definitely try a Fuse. Very sneaky long for a mid, fun, and should complement your mids nicely.

^^^ This is good. If you really want to mess around with other molds the Underworld is worth trying for strictly a turnover driver. The Fury seems like a possibility too, but I haven't beat mine enough yet to make it a turn over disc. But it has some serious potential.

The equipment forum on this site is awful. Bunch of people all shouting out whatever their favorite disc of the week is with little to no regard for what the OP's actual needs are.

Yep. It seems to be getting worse too.

I use the f3 or f7. I used to use a super beat champ teebird for that shot. The patriot seems to be becoming one of the most popular fairway drivers.

How long have you used those a couple weeks to a month? To call a new disc a go to or to recommend that they all fly like that is redic, especially with how inconsistant some of the prodigy runs have been already

I use a Fuse/River/Mamba combo doing from short to long. I like having a lot of choices in my bag. Fuse is awesome with tons of control an will always go right on a flat throw with little to no fade back. The River you know but mines a little touchy but when I hit it right it's a thing of beauty. And I just picked up a 150 Star Mamba and all I have to do it throw it straight and it goes straight out 250 and then starts a WIDE....LOOOONNNNGG fade the right. If you don't have a huge arm like myself it's great for right turns and distance.

I don't throw OOP stuff (except for my ESP stalker) because I'm a cheapo when it comes to plastic.

so river, leopard, and stalker.....

maybe do stalker, XL that is what i would do. the z xl or esp xl. at least try them.

Boy that would suck man, sorry. The Amp is a great understable disc. Zombee is Discraft's answer to this.

Opto Diamond, if you get a good one, is a Champ Leopard with a little more fade. I also found Rivers to have a decent fade, so the XL is a good suggestion. Between ESP XL and a seasoned X XL you should have an awful lot of fairway driver lines covered (never thrown a Z XL so no advice there).

A lightweight (<170) GL River should cover both those. Maybe you had a random stable River? Have you thrown other Rivers besides the one you had? If you wanted to reduce molds, I feel like a light GL river, and a heavier Opto River could replace your lost ones, and possibly even one of those Stalkers.
Also, the Fuse is a great neutral mid. If you're able, pick one up just to play around with. They follow the GL=more US guidelines.

Oh, and monocacy's suggestion is a good sub if you can't get a light river.

Answering the original question: A single mold that can replace both a River and Leopard.
Adding that the OP prefers lower cost stuff..

JLS -
A Quantum JLS will have the stabilty of heavy river, with slightly less glide. ($13)
A Millenium (pro) JLS will beat in to be understable like a seasoned leapard. ($10-$11)

Plenty of weights to choose from. Add a Sirius JLS if you don't like how fast the Millennium plastic beats in.

ive been wondering how an opto river might compare to a star leopard

Somebody said it already I think, but my choice; lightweight DX Teebird. It'll be glide monster like your river, and in time, about as understable as either the river or leopard.

I saw someone say Roadrunner, I would second that 170ish probably, especially if you are using it for straighter to more understable flights. I think an XL would feel redundant beside a Stalker, especially with the differences in XL's between plastics. I like pairing my Stalker and Roadrunner together (bunch of overlap) I find they fly different but similar enough. I can't weigh in on JLS or Millenium.

so river, leopard, and stalker.....

maybe do stalker, XL that is what i would do. the z xl or esp xl. at least try them.

I used to throw an XL, but I liked the Stalker better...the XL just was too finicky for my sub-par form.

Adding that the OP prefers lower cost stuff..

JLS -
A Quantum JLS will have the stabilty of heavy river, with slightly less glide. ($13)
A Millenium (pro) JLS will beat in to be understable like a seasoned leapard. ($10-$11)

Woah man, I'm not that cheap, lol. (not that the JLS is a bad disc, I just am not opposed to buying pricier (<$20) stuff.

Please delete your DGCR acount :hfive:

I think an XL would feel redundant beside a Stalker, especially with the differences in XL's between plastics.

They are.

Aughhh...so many choices, I'm really interested in lighter rivers now, but I also wanna try an amp, underworld, patriot, and fury. I wish I had more money. LOL

Latest posts