• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

My first disc was a 172g Innova KC Pro Eagle 10x. I probably bought it about 5 years ago and I didn't even play disc golf, I just liked the look of the frisbee. Couldn't throw it then, and I still cant today. It's a little overstable for my taste, and after knowing a little history on the disc I just choose not to throw it.

My first purchase included a 175g Millenium Polaris LS, a 163g Innova Eagle, and a 175g super soft Omega putter. They are still my three favorite discs.

midnite flyer #7, i believe they were 50 molds then. it was a great day when the 71C molds came out.

172 Tee-Rex, 177 Wolf, and a 175 Polecat (wife liked the pictures). I dumped the polecat fast, but still use it as a loaner. Tee-Rex was awful for a long time, but I eventually grew into it. It now resides in the Susquehanna River. I still carry a DX Tee-Rex as a go to headwind driver. The Wolf is still in my bag two years later. I use it for short range anhyzer upshots and putts, and as a roller.

I bought a dx Aviar P&A and a dx Shark the night before we decided to go try it out. I still own both but lost my Shark for a few days. It was found and returned by a local. The Aviar is still in the bag but they Shark sits in storage.

borrowed discs from friends for a bit, then ordered three
1. star shark
2. star valk
3. star roadrunner
worked great for a while (lost the valk after a few weeks), and traded the RR to solomon.trenton, still have the shark (quite beat up, don't use it anymore, except for putting practice)...

Wham-O 80 Mold 165g World Class Frisbee, a 141g 50 Mold World Class Frisbee and a 119g 40 Mold World Class Frisbee. This was followed several years later by the 71C mold.

I think my first Innova disc was a stingray.

Innova Ace 165 gms.
Still have it but retired it after it got really beat up,so much that it was really affecting the flight.

First disk - Tupac old school stuff.

For reals... A Champion Cheetah rawr!

The first disc I ever used was a Rhyno. The first disc I bought was actually a beginner set with a Leopard, a Shark, and an Aero.

I bought a three-pack from a sporting goods store - can't remember the other two (long since lost) - but I still have the Shark four years later.

My first disc was a 170 DX Roc. I still have it, although trees and other things have turned into more of a saw blade than a disc. It was a good one with which to practice hyzers.

Latest posts