• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

I bought a group of 16 discs from someone on Craigs list. If I remember, they were all DX.

DX Classic Cobra with a San Francisco Disc Golf Club stamp long before the permanent course was established. I got it from Nate Doss's dad who sells discs at De Laveaga which I didn't know at the time.

My wife got me a Christmas present off of Ebay three Christmases ago. It was a three disc starter set, I think from frisbeerancher. If she only knew then what she knows now. :D It's alive! She's created a monster!

Anyway, she got it in the heavy weight set. It had an Yellow 175 DX Aviar (still in my bag along with several others just like it at different levels of beat in), a White 175 DX Roc (still in my bag and has a great black swirl on top where I ripped it up into a power line one time) and an Orange 175 DX Valkyrie (RIP, lost on #9 at The Woodshed in Paw Paw, WV).

175 Champion Tie Dye Starfire, and 174 Champion Aviar Good disc, both lost by now....

I don't even remember my very first, but one of my firsts was a Shark that I still have to this day. It's pretty much retired, although my son throws it occasionally (he carries it in his bag and loves the idea that it's older than him).

champion beast, it was the greatest disc ive ever thrown with until i tossed it in the water
ill never forget that disc

The first disc I played DG with was a 150 World Class Lid at Sherando Park in Stephens City, VA. My first DG discs were two DGA Kitty Hawk Flyer Sure-Shots I bought at Frederick Co. Parks & Rec for $7 a piece. They still proudly hang on my wall. They're so cute!! :)
About 10 yrs ago, I hooked up with some dude and we played a round at Bluemount. We were talking discs and I mentioned I had them. He kept offering me dough for them for the next 3 holes. I finally told him the only way he was going to get them was to break into my apartment and take them off the wall. He asked me where I lived! :eek:

Lightning Rubber Putter & Lightning #3 Hyzer Driver Floater thingy????. The only 2 Lightning discs Ive ever owned. I still have the rubber putter for sentimental reasons. Ironically I lost the floater in a river and watched it float away a long time ago.

My first discs were my FLX Surge, FLX Buzzz, and Pro D Challenger (I bought them all at the same time.) I only started 6 months ago and still have them all. I'm actually really surprised because of how many times that I've lost my Surge. I've lost that thing and had to go home and found it the next day. I'll say this: I will never buy green discs again.

My first disc was a red DX Roc with a green stamp. I can't remember the weight.

I think it was an Eclipse white disc. I think that is still made by discraft if I am not mistaken. I have it in storage someplace. It was from 1993.

My first two discs were a Birdie and an Aviar. (The only putters that the store had.) I figured I would try these in my yard before I went much further. The Birdie is now my daughters putter and the Aviar is probably in my putter bag.

A friend of mine introduced me to the game at a 4 basket course his father and him built on his fathers land. I was hook after the first time I played. So i sat down with my friend and ordered a Star Destroyer, Star TL, Classic Roc, and an Omega SS. I decided to just jump in feet first.

my first was a eliteX tiedie predator, i had it for a few years before i even played dg, me and my friend would just stand out in a field and try to chuck it as far as we could, its since been stolen from me but i just got a esp predator and i can bomb that thing! I think i bought it at a gas station because i liked the artwork on it... once i started playing i bought a disccraft starter set, they were my favorite discs for a long time and would recomend it to anyone!

Latest posts