• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

176 g Innova Viper... the Sports Authority wasnt a helpful place in making a decision for an appropriate starter disc... my g/f liked the purple color, and we wanted to get the same type of disc.

As s3bvikingasw said, I wanted the purple disc and it was a 150g Viper. I love it. I still have mine. He lost his that day haha!

#1 Driver, which I lost. Then a Marauder and a Shark, both of which I still have from around 13 years ago. Back in the days of playing with one disc, two at the most.

First golf disc was a Whamo 86. Played with lids before that, favorite was some 133g fastback.

I'm still pretty new to the sport so I still have mine, one of my cross country buds introduced me to the sport and I bought 2 from him when he got a Discraft Misprint pack. An Elite Z comet and An Avenger SS

I bought a pack of 16 discs from someone on Craig's list for $30. It was kind of a mix of DX and Champ discs.

Wow what a entry into the game midnightbiker! How did you know what to throw?! Mine was a xs tye died yellow and red ( ready to lose in any season)

Wow what a entry into the game midnightbiker! How did you know what to throw?! Mine was a xs tye died yellow and red ( ready to lose in any season)

I didn't. It was pretty much trial and error from the beginning. I finally looked up the discs and learned what each one does. Its taken a while to finally learn. I am pretty much self taught.

First disc was Innova's Dragon. To this day it is still my primary choice. Then again maybe it is because I have a facination with dragons.