• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do if there was no disc golf?

No disc golf, huh?

Since I'm semi-retired already, I'd probably play more of the sports I currently play such as pool/billiards, darts, ball golf, bowling, traveling, hunting, fishing, camping, poker and, most important, play with my girlfriend alot more.

But a world without disc golf, I just don't know. I think I'd have to find another plane of existence to live in.

Woodpecker

i'd do something else outside / hike / bike / etc - i still play about a million sports as it is

- not like i sat and did nothing before playing DG

First I would have a real good "hissy fit" (that is what my mom called a temper tantrum). Then I would go back to doing more fishing and take up reloading, so I could afford to target shoot more often.

I would sure miss the cultural attitude around disc golf though. As conservative as I am, and I am politically active, I get tired of hearing the same old stuff when when at the range. Being around disc golfers challenges me to see things from another perspective (it does not change my mind in fact it often strengthens my resolve, but I gain a better understanding of who and why) because of the broader spectrum of people.

Me, Disc Dog, and Cowboy would open up a fabric store in Wyoming. We would buy a small house in the country (For Cowboy) and sit around thinking of the next BIG sport.

We would unanimously agree on Bowling Ball Golf. After pitching our idea to several city parks, they would love the idea and courses would pop up all over the world.

Months later 6 people died in city parks more were injured. Courses would shut down after several deaths from head trauma victims. The government outlawed the throwing of bowling balls. We cried for days...until we invited a new sport.

Baby golf.

I would honestly be way more lazy and poor. I love ball golf, but it cost way too much.

I would invent something horrible like Windblading. Rollerblading and windsurfing together at last.

i'd try and get a social life.... oh wait.... thats impossible even withOUT disc-golf...