• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you've ever spent on a disc?

$20 for some 150 glow Champ Gazelles. Which surprised me by flying like Banshees.

I know many here will disagree....but in my (completely insignificant) opinion, there isn't a single disc in this world worth more than, say, $30. And that's even a stretch personally.....

I know many here will disagree....but in my (completely insignificant) opinion, there isn't a single disc in this world worth more than, say, $30. And that's even a stretch personally.....

I'd agree for throwers, but I like having the first runs of all my favorite discs or historically significant discs.

I've bought a number of specially-stamped discs from various touring pros just to show support and to have a cool stamp. I don't think I've paid more than $20 for any of them, though, and they're all throwers.

Most I've paid for a disc is $20 which I've done several times, got a few zipper top SOLFs and a PFN Pro Pig. I doubt I would ever spend more than 30 on a disc though (I'm trying to convince my buddy to sell me his old gummy 11x Aviar, so I may have to pony up more than 20 for that).

$65 for an 8/10 orange Augusta Wraith. I've thrown it a couple of times in open field. It flies great. I should do something with it.
$30 for a 8.5/10 2016 Sexton Firebird. Can't decide whether or not to throw it It has the tiniest faint ink on the back. Has barely been thrown. I bought it to throw it, but I haven't thrown it because it was in better shape than I expected when I bought it.
$28 for an 11x Champion Teebird. Was hoping for a dead straight Champ TB. It's overstable. Great disc, though.
$26 for an 8/10 Watermelon Envy
$25 for a 10/10 new unthrown Big Bird Roc3.
$25 for an 8/10 2005 USDG "Flagstick" Roc. Very overstable at this point. It would beat in to an amazing Roc I'm sure.
$25 for a new unthrown USDGC Bottom Stamp Sexton Firebird. These are already going for more than that. Just holding it.
$23 for a 7/10 11x KC Pro Roc. Beautiful disc. I haven't thrown it yet. Could probably sell it for more than I paid for it.
$21 for a 7/10 11x Champ Eagle-L. Understable complement to PFN TB cycle.
$20-25 each for 2 Nybo 10x TBs and 2 2017 Sexton Firebirds. Sold one of the Firebirds for $30 to a friend.
-Also have an unthrown still in factory packaging PFN Champ Sidewinder that I traded for. Got the Sidewinder + $10 for a Soft N Envy (beautiful pink plate with lime green rim. My buddy I traded with has since inked the **** out of it. Makes me so sad) and a Soft N Proxy. I've considered auctioning the Sidewinder, but I'm afraid it might only go for $15-20. I'd sell for $25-$30.

Half of the discs I've spent the most on I barely throw if ever. The 11x TB and Eagle both live in the bag, most of the others in the above list don't. I really should hang them on the wall in my office or something. Currently they all just sit in bags in shoeboxes.

I've spent between $20-$25 on 3 old PFN S-WR Wraiths (traded a 2017 Sexton thrower for a brand new S-WR Wraith, too) and probably close to 10 PFN mostly S-TB Teebirds. I cycle both. Hard to find fresh stable ones, though. Currently use a PFN S-TR penned Star Teerex and the above mentioned 11x Champ TB as the most overstable in each cycle.

I absolutely LOVE the old star plastic and am willing to pay a few extra dollars for it. My old Wraiths and Teebirds glide significantly farther than new ones of either mold. They are my main throwers, so that's worth it to me.

35$ Shipped

Blue Special Blend Rival with Party Time Stamp

In storage, never thrown...

Was messing around on eBay one night and figured I would toss an offer at a disc not thinking it would be high enough, I was wrong. A new unthrown CE Firebird, 3rd run. Cost me 71 dollars. I did sell it a few years later. I think I lost a buck or two on it.

I've spent $22 multiple times on "Twelve Time" patent number Teebirds. I have 4 of them now including the beat up one that I'm bagging. I don't see myself spending anymore than $25 on a single disc as it will be thrown. Once I lose all of my collectible throwers I will move on to a newer run or possibly a different mold.

THE PDGA Stratus was whatever a PDGA new membership was at the time in 2007, came with the magazine no choice on that and the magazine that was going to be the one for PDGA was rotating in 2007-2009. I did not like the color of the disc but it had a cool stamp but did not like that it was from the only run of ESP Stratus that were all Max weight.

Close to $50, with shipping......... for a Champion Whippet that is in the new bag.

Honorable mentions:
(2) first run Star Destroyers, $40 each
A 4X JK Pro Aviar X, $32 +shipping

I've been eyeing a eBay gem lately....... might have to revise this post :doh:

Last edited:
I have many of the discs (e.g., other Wham-O, Discraft, Innova, Lightning, DGA, and Destiny/Dynamic (the original Dynamic Discs in California that is) approved prior to 1989 when I started handling PDGA testing and approval, but those are in my personal collection aside from the discs that I've tested.

Latest posts